Technical Writer (Maternity Leave cover)
Visier is the leader in people analytics and we believe in a 'people-first' approach to business strategy. Our innovative technology transforms the way that organisations make decisions, allowing them to elevate their employees and drive better business outcomes. Embarking on an exciting new chapter in our growth story, we are looking for talented individuals who can help both Visier and our customers grow, evolve and win!
Reporting in to the Manager, Technical Writing you will be responsible for authoring and creating essential content that enhances our user experience by guiding them through Visier's features and functionality. To be successful in this role, you'll have excellent writing, editing, and communication skills, and a passion for continuously learning new skills and concepts. You are a strong collaborator and team player, and highly skilled at distilling complex topics into relatable, concise, and understandable documentation for a variety of external audiences.
What you'll be doing...
- Plan, research, design, write, edit, manage, and continually enhance content that guides users through Visier's features and functionality
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure documentation aligns with product development requirements and timelines
- Interview subject matter experts to gather and understand technical information that you will be documenting
- Author and revise tutorials and API documentation for a technical/developer audience
- Create visuals to enhance and accompany documentation to aid users in understanding complex material
- Ensure documentation is accurate, concise, complete, and adheres to internal specifications and style guidelines
- May be asked to perform other duties as required
What you'll bring to the table...
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience as a technical writer (preferably in the software industry)
- Knowledge of software documentation principles and processes such as single sourcing
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex ideas and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify project needs and deliver clear and accurate documentation of a technical concept or process
- Ability to succeed in an ever changing environment. You are resilient and have a positive mindset
- Self-motivated and able to work independently under tight deadlines
- Experience with Madcap Flare or similar XML authoring tools
- Experience with creating and editing instructional videos
Most importantly, you share our values...
- You roll up your sleeves
- You make it easy
- You are proud
- You never stop learning
- You play to win
The base pay range for this position in Canada is $60,000 - $82,000 / year + bonus
The compensation offered will be determined by factors such as relevant qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills. Many of our positions are eligible for additional types of compensation (e.g., commission plans, bonus, etc.) which our Talent Acquisition team will share with you if you interview for the role.
See the #VisierLife in action
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/visier-analytics/
Hear what it's like to work Visier here