Site Reliability Engineer Co-op (Jan 2024 - Aug 2024)
Visier is the leader in people analytics. We are passionate about a 'people first' approach to business strategy and our addictive technology is transforming the way that organisations make decisions. Recently closing a hugely successful funding round and a landmark $1b valuation, Visier is embarking on an incredible phase of its 12 year growth Journey.
Our co-op experience is unique and designed to prepare you for professional success as you work on real, impactful work from the beginning. Our ultimate goal is to give you the mentorship, training, and work experience you need to start your career. A number of our students return to us after they graduate and start developing their professional career at Visier!
As an SRE co-op at Visier, you will work on our DevOps scrum team to assist in the development of our deployment framework, Jenkins pipelines, and various infrastructure improvement projects. We use state-of-the-art technology that is common in large scalable systems involving lots of data, such as Cassandra, Kubernetes, and Kafka. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn fundamental AWS skills that are transferable anywhere as you begin your career.
What you'll be doing...
- Working on a framework to deploy highly available services in Amazon Web Services (AWS) using Terraform, Packer, and Jenkins
- Writing code to automate common SRE processes using Python, Groovy, and Jenkins
- Writing secure code to safeguard Visier and our customers' data, including developing our application security infrastructure
- Working with various infrastructure services including Kong API gateway, database systems (Cassandra / PostgreSQL), Consul, Vault and Kafka
What you'll bring to the table...
- A deep curiosity, good problem solving skills, and a strong sense of urgency
- Coding skills in one or more of Java, Scala, Python, or Groovy
- A passion for doing infrastructure as code
- Knowledge in one of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Deployment and configuration management tools
- AWS and experience with operating various services in it
- Linux internals and systems administration
- Networking principles
Most importantly, you share our values...
- You roll up your sleeves
- You make it easy
- You are proud
- You never stop learning
- You play to win
See the #VisierLife in action
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/visier-analytics/
Hear what it's like to work Visier here