Multiplayer Netcode Developer
Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease of use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has thrived.
Are you an experienced engineer who wants to be a part of the team crafting the first-ever Unity dedicated game server authoring workflow? We are looking for a Senior Netcode Developer to help us define and build the server development experience at Unity. In this role, you will be given the freedom to drive initiatives targeted at decreasing iteration time and improving performances at scale for millions of users! Help us unlock the next generation of multiplayer game development!
What you’ll be doing
- Architect and implement features that streamline the server workflow development and deployment
- Build Unity Editor features aimed at multiplayer developers for quick networked iterations, server creation, automation, and deployment
- Work closely with the other multiplayer teams to collaborate on tooling and workflow requirements
- Write and maintain production-quality code and tests
What we’re looking for
- Prior experience with the Unity Engine
- Experience in either of C, C++, C#
- Familiarity with modern real-time networking concepts
- Ability to conceptualize, communicate, and deliver engineering initiatives
You might also have
- Experience with high-performance programming, multithreading, and memory management
- Experience with server applications at scale
- Experience with cloud solutions (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure..)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Relocation support is not available for this position.