Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada · Remote
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Reporting into the Finance Controller, you support the finance team on all finance matters regarding customer payments, expense reports, transaction documentation tracking, and more.
What you will be doing:
- Support all month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Ensure proper coverage under allowances, reconcile accounts and update metrics, review transactions, ensure compliance with reporting requirements.and maintain financial statements
- Monthly review of revenue recognition for all customers per ASPE.
- Review transactions to ensure correct treatment, classification and appropriateness.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with ASPE, ensure correct note disclosures and assess needs of stakeholders.
- Reconcile financial statement, analyze variances, predict impact on the financial results and stakeholders
- Prepare monthly budget/quarterly forecasting reports, analyses for the department owners.
- Provide variance analysis comparing forecasted numbers to actual results
- Maintain and redesign any financial model improvements/changes
- Assist billing and accounting teams during high-volume periods, update sales metrics dashboards in BI tool.
- Oversees timely and accurate filing to government bodies (HST, EHT, WSIB, US sales taxes)
- Correspond with department of revenue in multiple states to ensure US sales tax compliance
- Support the ongoing development, improvement, and implementation of financial policies, procedures, and processes.
- Support the annual audit, identify areas of risk and identify and evaluate financial reporting requirements under ASPE.
- Ad hoc and special projects (ie. software implementations, financial information migration, ensuring the new system adheres to accounting policies, cost saving initiatives, process improvement, etc.) as assigned.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5+ years of full cycle accounting experience, including month-end reporting.
- Preferably CPA or pursuing CPA.
- You have earned a postgraduate degree or diploma in Business Administration, Finance or Commerce.
- Knowledge of current accounting rules and regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel & Google Suite.
- Solid technical and analytical skills with high degree of accuracy.
- Communication skills to effectively and professionally correspond with customers, vendors and internal team members.
- Experience with Netsuite is an asset.
What you'll love about us:
- Great Company Culture
- Inclusive and Collaborative work environment
- Competitive Health Benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Wellness Programs including company paid counselling
- Flexible Working Hours and Remote work flexibility
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- Additional Paid Health Days
- Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Learning Credits to put towards your professional development
- (Virtual) Regular Standups, Demos, and Socials to keep us aligned and connected
- And so much more!
Uberflip is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive and diverse we are, the better our work will be. If you're smart and great at what you do, come as you are.