Director, Gen AI
About the team
The Global Service Design team sits at the cusp of customer support operations and Tech. The team spearheads understanding of customer support Tech needs and works closely with Tech teams and Operations teams to implement Technical customer support products. The team is responsible for doing this globally across Uber and putting in place enablers which make this seamless and effective.
The team has delivered hundreds of millions of dollars worth of support cost savings while making customer support easier, more accessible and better for customers.
About the role
We are at an inflection point when it comes to Technology. The era of static RPAs and policy automations is at the cusp of getting disrupted by new technologies, generative AI being the frontrunning Technology in this space.
At this juncture the team requires a motivated, hands-on, knowledgeable leader who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-functional environment and is excited to take Uber's customer support to the next level by applying Generative AI technology.
As the Director, Generative AI applications, Global Service Design, you will co-create the Gen AI Tech strategy for customer support along with senior leaders in the organization across operations and Tech. You’ll be responsible for representing the requirements of the customer support / Community Operations team, help in developing the products and lead the deployment of these products while motivating a hard-working team. You’d also be responsible for communicating progress against expectations and goals to a wide variety of stakeholders including executive leadership at Uber, and bringing subject matter expertise, especially to the non-Tech teams. You’ll also be expected to build a strong relationship with internal partners / peers and bring external knowledge to inform our strategies.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a demonstrated track record of (a) leading matrixed teams, (b) developing and deploying disruptive Tech products and (c) exceeding business targets. To be successful in the role, we need a motivated self-starter with an engaging personality and strategic mentality that thrives in a multifaceted and fast-moving environment.
What you will do
- Lead the Generative AI team in CommOps
- Co-create the overall strategy and long term vision along with the executive leadership team and execute against it
- Deliver disruptive value on support cost & customer experience so that Uber’s support becomes a differentiator for the business
- Build strong relationships with the Tech and CommOps counterparts and stakeholders
- Communicate regularly and effectively with senior leadership keeping them abreast of the progress, wins and challenges in the Gen AI area
- Provide subject matter expertise to the CommOps leadership team as needed; keep leaders updated with the latest and greatest in Gen AI developments
- Adapt the roadmap, development and delivery to the changing needs of the business
- Represent CommOps in internal Gen AI and customer support forums
- Motivate and inspire a hard working team
- 15+ years of experience in Product Management or Product Operations
- Engineering degree from a reputed university / institution
- MBA from a reputed university / institution will be a plus
- Proven track record of managing a high performing team, development and deployment of disruptive technology products and delivering exceptional business results
- Ability to work with senior executives in a collaborative style and engage in strategic discussions
- Exceptional communication skills and business acumen
- Obsessed about customer experience
- Subject matter expertise in Generative AI and related technology ecosystem
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a flexible environment
- Ability to be calm in the face of pressure
- Ability to handle uncertainty and bring structure amongst chaos
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members to exceed expectations
- Experience working effectively with internal and external partners in an ever-changing, rapid-growth environment, especially in a matrixed organization
For Chicago, IL-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$194,000 per year - USD$216,000 per year.
For Dallas, TX-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$194,000 per year - USD$216,000 per year.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$216,000 per year - USD$240,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$216,000 per year - USD$240,000 per year.
For Seattle, WA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$194,000 per year - USD$216,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.