Senior Frontend Mobile Engineer / Developer (iOS)
Train | Senior Frontend Engineer | Full-time | Toronto, Canada | On-Site & Remote
Hi 👋 - we’re Train Fitness. Our mission is to revolutionize strength-training by bringing automatic exercise tracking to the gym. We’re looking for a mobile guru whose passion for development is superseded only by their relentless pursuit of excellence. We strive to hit PRs every day… both in XCode and in the squat rack.
Train Fitness is a venture backed startup that has built proprietary exercise tracking and rep counting technology. Our AI algorithms use the motion of a user’s smartwatch to autonomously detect what exercise you’re performing, and count your reps. In addition to tracking, we provide a social platform for users to share workouts, as well as deep insights and stats into a user’s performance.
We’re looking to grow our fast-paced team and would love for you to join us! We’re looking to hire a passionate senior mobile engineer with a keen interest in solving challenging problems. As a mobile engineer, you’ll be responsible for building key features of our iOS app alongside our awesome tech team.
While a passion for fitness is not required, we certainly do appreciate it. It's not uncommon for us to hit the gym as a team after work!
Train Fitness is based out of Toronto, Canada (Richmond & Peter). This role is for a full-time position, with a target start date of April 2023. Flexible WFH + on-site working. Competitive compensation at $CAD 115,000 - $135,00 per year plus equity.
What to expect:
- A fast-paced work environment scaling an application
- Work with a fantastic team of senior business and software experts
- Competitive salary + stock option compensation
You should have:
- 5-7 years of full-time experience with XCode and Swift
- Strong experience with software design patterns, OOP, SOLID
- Comfort with declarative programming, with an understanding of combining it with OOP
- Strong experience in both UIKit and SwiftUI
- Strong experience with Core Data
- Experience managing junior developers
- Comfort working in teams and driving app development
- Comfort working in flexible environments and adapting to change
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with Firebase frameworks, particularly Firestore
- Experience with Watch Connectivity and WatchOS development
- Experience with Core ML
- Passion for fitness (any fitness, not specifically strength training)