Senior Product Developer
** This role can be done remotely from anywhere in Canada **
As our Senior Product Developer, you will be on the frontier of Salesforce development, developing new techniques, patterns, practices and tools to accelerate our impact. If you love solving hard problems with difficult constraints, take quality seriously, and follow best practices in enterprise software development - then we want to talk to you.
Who we are
Traction Rec empowers customers with great technology. Built on the Salesforce platform, we enable YMCA’s, Jewish Community Centers (JCC’s), and Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) to deliver their services and achieve their missions. At the heart of Traction Rec is our desire to support non-profit community centers and the amazing good they do.
Traction Rec was recently recognized by Salesforce as Nonprofit Sales Partner of the Year, ISV Partner of the Year, and featured in the 2021 Ready to Rocket List. Traction Rec takes pride in the development of product and services, and building strong relationships with partners and customers.
At our core, we love community. We are looking for people who want to join an active group of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community, and planet. We welcome you to experience a vibrant personal and professional journey by joining our diverse team.
Traction Rec'rs come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from diverse backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years+ professional experience in object oriented programming on a product
- Experience as a technical leader on a development team
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a highly collaborative development team
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Highly motivated with the ability to work and make decisions independently
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Leading from the front by defining new and improved processes
- Oversee proposed solutions to problems and ensure the implemented software will meet business objectives well into the future
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues as part of tier 3 support
- Design and develop features for our web and mobile applications
- Participate in monthly “dev days” where we all pair up and build whatever we want
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume our way and let's chat.
At Traction Rec, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to our success. We are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, and we actively seek and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our hiring process is designed to be fair, welcoming, and respectful to all candidates, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity brings unique perspectives and experiences that can enhance our team and drive innovation, and we are committed to providing equal opportunity and support to all candidates. We encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to the interview process and join us in building a diverse and inclusive culture at Traction Rec.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please note that employment is contingent on the successful completion of background and reference checks.