Senior Marketing Designer (15 month contract) (Distributed - Canada)
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone the ability to easily create and sell online courses, build vibrant communities, and monetize memberships. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers Creator Educators and businesses around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Are you ready to drive the creative vision of our brand and marketing strategies? We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Designer to join us at Thinkific for a 15 month contract.
In this role, you will be responsible for making people fall in love with Thinkific before they even become a customer! You'll be the brand storyteller, ensuring a consistent visual identity by establishing and maintaining brand standards, conceptual themes, and style direction across various projects. As a key decision-maker on our creative team, you will collaborate closely with our marketing and product design teams to promote visual excellence and ensure a cohesive brand identity across the board.
Your goal will be to champion the success of our integrated marketing campaigns while working collaboratively to drive our creative direction. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Conceptualize and advocate for user-centric design solutions, overseeing projects from initial concept to completion. This includes creating sketches, storyboards, and presentations that effectively communicate and visualize ideas
- Drive art direction and develop strategies to support campaigns and evergreen concepts that embody Thinkific’s brand values, ensuring that customers are inspired through compelling design, copy, and content
- Execute on the creative vision by producing high-quality original concepts and graphics for marketing campaigns and projects. This includes conceptual design, digital assets, photography, and video
- Collaborate openly and effectively with cross-functional internal teams and freelancers to create and manage brand assets across the organization, ensuring adherence to brand standards
- Manage the production and resourcing of creative projects with our team of freelancers to deliver on time and in budget, providing direction both in studio and in the field
- Consistently apply imaginative thinking and creative problem solving to address business challenges
- Coach and inspire our creative team and the broader Marketing organization by leading team brainstorming sessions and fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has a minimum of 5+ years of conversion-focused marketing design experience (in-house, or a mix of agency and in-house)
- Has a proven track record of delivering successful omnichannel marketing campaigns which showcase exceptional visual design capabilities
- Excels at crafting designs that tell compelling stories and capture intrigue, while considering conversion goals and business objectives
- Values rapid iteration and actively seeks and provides feedback throughout the creative process, embodying a thoughtful and considerate approach to communication and collaboration
- Has experience in a fast-paced SaaS environment, demonstrating a solid understanding of web technologies, design principles and emerging trends
- Is driven, self directed, and takes a proactive approach to working autonomously and completing tasks independently
- Is well versed in current creative software, including Figma and Unbounce
- Has a portfolio showcasing strategic, well-executed work in a variety of mediums (print, motion, social, web, etc.)
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Exceptional typographic, layout, and prototyping skills
- Awareness of the latest trends in Creator culture and the online learning industry
- Experience in directing photo/video shoots both in studio and in the field
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging & Accessibility
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We believe in equal opportunity and are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging across every facet of our business.
We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview experience for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual $1500 USD Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!