Head of Investor Relations (Distributed - Canada)
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone the ability to easily create and sell online courses, build vibrant communities, and monetize memberships. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 250+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers Creator Educators and businesses around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Do you enjoy telling a story with financial metrics to help potential investors and leadership teams understand what is driving business success? We’re looking for a Head of Investor Relations to join us at Thinkific.
As the Head of Investor Relations at Thinkific, you’ll directly engage internal and external stakeholders, from our senior leadership team, teams across Thinkific, sell-side analysts, and investors. Reporting to the CFO, and working closely with the most senior level of Thinkific’s team, you’ll develop and implement Thinkific’s investor relations (IR) strategy, work to support and communicate our business strategy including sustainability and product launches, and collaborate with our PR team to build an investor communication strategy.
Your goal will be to lead Thinkific’s Investor Relations strategy and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders and the investor community. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
Capital Markets Strategy
- Oversee, build, and lead Thinkific’s investor relations strategy using a deep understanding of our company and our purpose (including the product, customers, competitors, the overall market, and trends)
- Review and analyze public and confidential financial and operating information for Thinkific and others in the market to build a robust strategy
- Implement an execution plan to achieve our capital markets strategy including internal processes, investor targeting, sell-side relationship building, and management
- Build and maintain Thinkific’s IR narrative, disclosure documents and KPIs and Engagement plan
Investor Relationship Management
- Engage and develop strong relationships with the investment community, including both the sell-side and buy-side; manage existing and prospective relationships
- Conduct shareholder targeting to identify potential new shareholders, including through ESG targeting, and plan how to engage these prospects
- Develop and maintain all investor information with strategies and tactics to improve communication and drive results
- Respond to queries from the financial community as well as institutional and retail shareholders
IR Communications Management
- Manage and contribute to the preparation, review, and delivery of all earnings materials, quarterly and annual reports, and materials for the Annual General Meeting
- Maintain up-to-date briefing materials on earnings, reports, market expectations, and potential questions for senior business leaders in preparation for earnings calls, the Annual General Meeting, and other events
- Drive continuous improvement in external disclosure and quarter-end processes, in addition to managing end-to-end corporate press releases
- Evaluate sell-side analyst reports and market opinions on the company and provide summaries and feedback to internal stakeholders
- Prepare monthly IR reports focused on peer monitoring, shareholder ownership analytics, and ad-hoc reports as requested
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 8+ years prior experience with Investor Relations, including leadership roles and a deep understanding of capital markets
- Shows a strong sense of financial literacy and is very comfortable with leading the principles, requirements, and practices of disclosure in a public company environment
- Is an exceptional communicator with a proven ability to shape the narrative of a company with analysts and/or investors
- Is comfortable collaborating directly with senior leaders to plan and advance initiatives in a wide range of areas across an organization
- Demonstrates excellent organization skills and attention to detail. They’re an expert at prioritizing and can determine what the most urgent needs are
- Has worked with IPREO, IHS Markit, and FactSet
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Are comfortable working with Google Workspace tools
- Understands SaaS metrics and the market for tech stocks
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview process for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual $1500 USD Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can't wait to meet you!