Data Entry Clerk (12-month Contract)
About Tantalus Systems (TSX: GRID)
Tantalus is a smart grid technology company that transforms aging one-way grids into future-proofed multi-directional grids that improve the efficiency, reliability and sustainability of public power and electric cooperative utilities and the communities they serve. Our solutions are purpose-built to allow utilities to restore power quickly after major disruptions, adapt to rapidly shifting consumer expectations and population shifts, innovate new solutions based on the adoption of distributed energy resources and evolve their grid infrastructure at their own pace without needless cost or complexity. All this gives our user community the flexibility they need to get the most value from existing infrastructure investments while planning for future requirements.
Come join us if you’re interested in being part of an entrepreneurial team, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions that will directly impact the electrification of everything and the decarbonization of our society.
We are headquartered in Burnaby, BC, Canada with commercial headquarters in Raleigh, NC, USA.
Learn more at www.tantalus.com.
With dual reporting to the Manager, Commercial and Vice President, Finance, the Data Entry Clerk is responsible for accurately and efficiently inputting data into our software system as it relates to Production/Manufacturing and Financial entries along with other administrative duties related to data entry. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely entry of information and reconciling and processing documentation related to data entry.
Location of Position: This position will be based in our Burnaby, BC office.
Specifically, the Data Entry Clerk will:
- Accurately input financial and production/manufacturing data, including invoices, expenses, purchase orders, inventory, and other transactions into the Company software systems;
- Verify and cross-check data to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Send invoices and order confirmations to customers and partners;
- Assist in filing and retrieving accounting and other documentation as needed;
- Assist in reconciling accounts receivable and accounts payable records;
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve discrepancies and ensure accurate data entry;
- Assist with month and quarter-end processes and support Annual audit as required;
- Generate packing lists and prepare documentation for order fulfilment;
- Assist with generation of shipping documentation;
- Assist with other duties as required.
What you Bring:
Education and Experience
- Experience with basic accounting, 1 year business certificate preferred;
- Proficiency in data entry and keyboarding skills;
- Familiarity with software systems (e.g., Sage, QuickBooks, SAP, etc.);
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Proven experience in being detail oriented with the ability to multi-task;
- Prior experience in a high-volume/fast-paced environment is required;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to learn tasks and computer systems quickly;
- Takes initiative;
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
If you possess some of the key skills and experiences outlined in the job posting and are genuinely interested in the position, we invite you to take a chance and submit your application. We value diverse perspectives, unique skills, and believe in the power of potential over specific qualifications.