About Tantalus Systems (TSX: GRID)
Tantalus is a smart grid technology company that transforms aging one-way grids into future-proofed multi-directional grids that improve the efficiency, reliability, and sustainability of public power and electric cooperative utilities and the communities they serve. Our solutions are purpose-built to allow utilities to restore power quickly after major disruptions, adapt to rapidly shifting consumer expectations and population shifts, innovate new solutions based on the adoption of distributed energy resources, and evolve their grid infrastructure at their own pace without needless cost or complexity. All this gives our user community the flexibility they need to get the most value from existing infrastructure investments while planning for future requirements.
We are headquartered in Burnaby, BC, Canada with commercial headquarters in Raleigh, NC. Learn more at www.tantalus.com
Come join us if you’re interested in being part of an entrepreneurial team, solving complex technical problems, and delivering innovative solutions that will directly impact the electrification of everything and the decarbonization of our society.
This position is 100% office-based, out of our Burnaby location at 200-3555 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC.
Tantalus is looking for an Electronic Technologist to join our Manufacturing team on a 12-month contract. In this role, you will need to combine your technical expertise, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail to design, develop, test, and maintain electronic systems.
Reporting to the Manager, RMA, the Electronic Technologist will:
- Evaluate and determine the root cause of the failure RMA products.
- Perform basic repairs on electronic devices.
- Perform tasks such as removing and installing modules in devices/meters.
- Manage the quality of inventory for RMA Hardware and return it to finished goods.
- Other tasks as required related to the RMA function & organization.
- Follows prescribed work methods in the accomplishment of assignments. Maintains proper and appropriate records and files.
Experience and Qualifications:
- An Engineering Technologist Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with electronics, soldering, desoldering components, mechanically inclined
- Basic computer skills including Outlook and Excel
- Programming skills: Perl, Python, C
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux/Unix OS.
- Team player, self-motivated, has the habit of documenting promptly on what is done.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to lift/move boxes up to 10kg
- Desired to have 1 to 2 years of experience working within electronic contract manufacturing.