Senior Prototype Foreman
Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy.
The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
Purpose of the role:
As a Prototype Technician, you will be a key player in Svante’s journey to full commercialization. You will be a member of Svante’s Product team. Your primary role will be to plan, oversee and carry out the installation, disassembly and reconfiguration of the Product Team’s prototype machines.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You have 3 to 5 years of applicable experience in a machine and/or structural construction setting.
- You are familiar with WorkSafe BC requirements, rules and regulations.
- You have knowledge of techniques and tools related to the assembly of machines and structures.
- You have knowledge of rigging and lifting of equipment and components.
- You have good working knowledge/network of service providers in the BC Lower Mainland.
Bonus Skills and Qualifications:
- You are accredited through the Red Seal program.
- You have completed Rigging Operation Training.
- You have completed Forklift Operator Safety Training.
What success looks like in this role:
- Works closely with the Svante Product development teams to lead activities related to the safe assembly and disassembly of prototype machines.
- Develops and documents machine assembly and disassembly instructions.
- Develops and documents component lifting and rigging plans.
- Sources and manages external resources required to carry out the construction activities should the resources not exist internal to Svante.
- Develops and maintains schedules related to prototype machine construction activities.
- Provides construction progress updates to the development team
- Ensures adequate maintenance of equipment and condition of rigging is achieved to perform assembly activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.