Senior Manager, I.T. & Cybersecurity
Who are we?
Svante is a purpose-driven, rapidly growing clean technology company based in Burnaby, BC, Canada, and we’re on a mission to help the world reach net zero with filters and machines that capture and remove CO2 from industrial emissions and the air.
We’re a collaborative, diverse group of people who care about the planet and, through our collective experience and expertise, are working to make an impact on climate change.
If you value a culture that welcomes and includes everyone, and you want to be a part of a growing technology company that’s going to change the world, you’ve come to the right place.
Who are you?
As a Senior Manager of IT and Cybersecurity you will provide leadership in planning, orchestrating, and delivering IT services to the company.
This role is a multifaceted one. You will be the “Voice of IT” to ensure our new manufacturing, industrial, and lab telecommunications implementations meet Digital Business’ stated scalability, performance, and cybersecurity objectives. You will play a key role in designing, roadmapping, and budgeting a pathway for implementing IT and Cybersecurity best practices based on established frameworks such as ITIL, COBIT, ISO, and NIST.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You have a graduate or undergraduate degree in a related field, plus at least 8 years relevant experience and including at least 4 years experience in a similar managerial role.
- You have experience analyzing and implementing IT and Cybersecurity Governance Frameworks.
- You have expertise in Windows, Microsoft 365, Azure, and SharePoint operations (ideally including Azure’s ExpressRoute, Sentinel, Storage, App Service, and Monitor services) and Microsoft’s InTune, Entra ID, Purview, and Defender solutions.
- You possess knowledge of technical architecture patterns and practices across relevant domains (infrastructure, networking, telephony, integration, distributed communications, data management, capacity planning, etc.) and the ability to converse fluently with specialists in these areas.
- You are well-rounded in your understanding of technologies used for Information Rights Management, IAM / PAM / RBAC, Data Loss Prevention, Insider Risk Management, MDR / EDR / XDR, SDN, Global/Local Traffic Management (load balancing, etc.), SIEM, SOAR, VPN and SD-WAN, VM Hypervisors, Extended Data Centers, etc., with experience analyzing and implementing new systems and solutions in these areas.
- Overtime, you've developed a robust understanding of all aspects of Corporate and Industrial IT operations, including IT/OT convergence and Hybrid On-Premises / Cloud deployments.
- You have at least three recognized recent certifications in IT Operations, Cybersecurity, and IT Architecture and a passion for continuous learning.
What success looks like in this role:
- You will provide leadership in building a world class IT services delivery function ensure that all aspects of Svante’s Cybersecurity solutions, monitoring capabilities, policies, procedures, and operations fulfil key objectives as defined by the overarching Information Security and Enterprise Risk Plan.
- You'll Identify and hire required roles to support expanded IT operations and participate in developing and executing an IT and Cybersecurity roadmap.
- You will implement elements of appropriate operating models and frameworks (i.e., ITIL, ISO) best suited for Svante’s culture and operational context.
- You will be accountable for efficient operations of all core IT disciplines.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the IT architectures for all corporate, manufacturing, lab, pilot plant, and commercial plant facilities are proactively designed to meet cybersecurity, reliability, interoperability, scalability, adaptability, and IT service delivery requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.