Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Svante is a purpose-driven, rapidly growing clean technology company based in Burnaby, BC, Canada, and we’re on a mission to help the world reach net zero with filters and machines that capture and remove CO2 from industrial emissions and the air.
We’re a collaborative, diverse group of people who care about the planet and, through our collective experience and expertise, are working to make an impact on climate change.
If you value a culture that welcomes and includes everyone, and you want to be a part of a growing technology company that’s going to change the world, you’ve come to the right place.
The Role: Electrical Design Engineer
Purpose of the role:
As the Electrical designer, you will be responsible for the electrical design and design analysis of Svante Rotary Adsorbent Machines (RAM’s) and other product department machines. You will have demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of these systems on equipment of similar scale and complexity.
You will be responsible for producing electrical designs and drawings, electrical controls design and drawings, and review of electrical and controls designs and drawings. You will be asked to participate and perform electrical design analysis and documentation.
You key responsibility will be the development and review of electrical design drawings such as power single line drawings, interconnect schematics, cable schematics, and enclosure schematics. Additionally, you will be asked to review designs for safety and code compliance, such as under CSA electrical code. You will also be asked to develop networking and controls schematics and documentation such as network schematics, I/O lists, and sensor diagrams.
Working within the framework of Svante values and goals you will be responsible for making electrical design decisions and producing any needed documentation. You will also be responsible for reviewing and advising on electrical designs making sure they meet design, code, and safety requirements.
A key responsibility for you will be the review and stamping of Electrical drawings for various Svante projects. As such, you need to be a registered professional engineer in British Columbia and be able, knowledgeable, and willing to review and stamp electrical drawings and documents that meet necessary requirements.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You have at least 5 years of experience with electrical, instrumentation controls, and process design and development.
- You have a degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- You have experience in advancing technology and teams from an immature state to an advanced state is highly desirable.
- You are a registered professional engineer in British Columbia.
- You have experience with Autocad or other electrical cad software.
- You have experience working with PLM systems for design and change management.
Bonus Skills and Qualifications:
- You have experience in a similar industry.
- You have experience with PTC Creo.
What Success looks like in this role:
- You will be creating electrical designs and schematics to include:
- Power distribution Single-lines.
- Interconnect schematics.
- Cabling schematics.
- Enclosure schematics.
- You will be creating controls and network designs and schematics to include:
- Network and controls Single-Line diagrams.
- Sensor Diagrams.
- I/O Lists.
- You will be documenting, reviewing, and stamping to include:
- Electrical schematics and documents.
- Controls schematics and documents.
- Electrical reports and analysis documents.
- Various other power distribution enclosures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.