Scientific Marketing Manager, Cell Therapy
Job Description SummaryAre you a skilled marketer looking for your next challenge? Do you have a background in cell and gene therapy or have you marketed to a clinical clientele? Our Scientific Marketing team is looking for a Scientific Marketing Manager, Cell Therapy, who will contribute to STEMCELL’s mission of helping researchers advance science worldwide.
As a member of the Scientific Marketing team, you will engage the scientific community and drive the adoption of our clinical products to attract and retain business. As a Scientific Marketing Manager, you will lead the development of marketing strategies, create helpful and engaging content, launch new products, promote content via various channels (e.g. social media, emails), and contribute to operational improvements. This role has a highly collaborative component with various Scientific, Product Management, and Marketing Communications teams. If you have a life science background, especially within the cell and gene therapy research field, as well as hands-on experience in a content marketing role, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for developing marketing strategy, campaign plans and budget recommendation based on the product or segment strategy with minimal direct supervision and provides strategic input to colleagues accountable for related segments
- Ensure existing and newly launched products are available and appropriately highlighted on our website with all applicable information, performance data, supporting documentation, and associations with existing categories, products, and content
- Create, maintain, and promote marketing content, including lead-generating activities, product pages and other website content, social media content, brochures, videos, web and print advertisements, sales tools, tradeshow booth graphics, and other promotional materials
- May lead a team of individual contributor direct reports working to develop, execute, and support marketing tactics and campaigns related to their respective assigned segment(s)
- Track, review, and report progress and results of marketing campaigns and tactics with supervisor and campaign project teams; identify and report bottlenecks and delays, and update status of assigned tasks in the project management system
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Typically requires a BSc with >5 years of relevant experience or MSc with >3 years of experience, or PhD with 1-2 years of experience in life sciences field, including laboratory and/or marketing experience
- Experience in a marketing role with a demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategy and tactical plans into effective marketing collateral within the clinical research field is required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings, and technical writing skills appropriate for scientific and marketing materials
- History of effective cross-functional and cross-cultural collaboration and providing and receiving/applying feedback with a continuous growth mindset; experience in a people management role is an asset
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to meticulously copy-edit materials is essential
#NonBench #LI-Hybrid #Marketing
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL’s vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.
To apply, please select the “Apply” button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.