Business Systems Administrator
Who we are:
We are a bunch of people who really care about agriculture, food and the challenges facing farming. We want to help farmers with data driven decision making to help nature feed a growing population. Join our team of expert engineers, agronomists, entomologists, crop researchers, and data scientists who are continually conducting research to help drive innovation in agriculture.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2021) – Selected as winner of the "Pest Management Solutions of the Year" award.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – Identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
What you will do:
The Business Systems Administrator is responsible for the ongoing operational support, configuration and maintenance of the ERP system (MS Dynamics 365) and various other corporate business systems.
Maintenance and integrations of ERP and business systems
- Configure, manage, monitor and support of business applications, including MS Dynamics 365.
- Administering integration toolkit between D365 and Business Central environments.
- Collaborate with various departments to understand their operational needs and requirements, then implement solutions to enhance system performance and streamline processes.
- Ensure data integrity and security by managing user access, permissions, and conducting regular data backups.
- Proactively monitor system performance, troubleshoot issues, and implement solutions to optimize system reliability and uptime.
- Coordinate with vendors and external support teams to resolve technical issues and manage system updates and upgrades.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices, new technologies, and trends to recommend improvements and innovations for our business systems.
Provide user support and troubleshoot reported issues
- Conduct user training and create comprehensive documentation to ensure employees can effectively utilize the systems and features.
- Investigate and resolve issues with access, connectivity and configuration of the business systems environments.
- Make recommendations for new approaches and broader issues resolution.
- Provide technical help, support, and management of the incident and request workflow for business systems, ensuring best practices are being followed.
- Review, troubleshoot, resolve and/or escalate system errors and issues to the system vendor when necessary.
- Act as a liaison between end-users and third-party support vendors, facilitating effective communication and issue resolution.
Upgrade management of ERP and other systems
- Provide support when needed to project teams during upgrades and enhancements.
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- 3+ years progressive experience working with ERP support and maintenance
- Direct experience with MS Dynamics 365 ERP applications including database structure
- Experience with Business Central and Azure services (including Data Factory)
- Proven knowledge in .net, ASP.net, Java, python and PHP
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide support for applications and implementation / enhancement projects
- Excellent creative and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently, to be proactive and self-sufficient
- Effective communication skills that include strong written, oral and presentation abilities
- Self-motivated, creative and innovative with the resources at hand
- Strong team player
Nice to have:
- Any relevant certifications for MS Dynamics 365
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production.
- Opportunity to contribute and make an impact by working on meaningful projects.
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other in collaborative and casual work environment
- Multiple office locations, convenient via transit and bike paths.
- Flexible hybrid working environment and hours
Semios welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.