Senior Accountant [Hybrid, Vancouver]
We're looking for brilliant thinkers to join our #Rocketeers. If you've ever wondered what it's like to work in a place where people enjoy their work and where talent is more important than the title, then keep reading.
What is ScalePad?
ScalePad is a market-leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) company with headquarters in 3 major cities of Canada; Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. However, we are proud to say our employee reach is now global so we can best serve our partners all over the world.
Our success is no accident: Our award-winning platform strengthens connections between Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and their clients. Trusted by more than 10,000 partners worldwide, ScalePad’s applications are used by MSPs to improve their clients' overall IT environments and enhance the client experience. The Best Apps in Your Stack™️ deliver actionable insights that lead to enhanced service delivery through automated data collection and analysis.
You can contribute to our innovation and appreciate how your work is helping take this company to a higher level of operational maturity. More on that here.
We seek a Senior Accountant who can work closely with the Accounting Manager and the CFO. This position is ideal for someone with a CPA designation, with at least 5 years of experience and looking to expand and grow their responsibilities within the accounting function.
- Full cycle accounting, including period-end closing processes
- Financial reporting and analysis, including being able to visualize critical information into charts and tables
- Transfer Pricing and inter-company cost allocations
- Consolidated Financial Statements
- Project Management
- Completing payroll
- Liaise between different departments
- Assistance with financial reporting and budgeting
- Establishing and enforcing financial processes, procedures, and controls
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by Management
- Mentoring junior team members
- Research industry benchmarks and use that information in regular reporting
- Minimum 5 years of progressive Canadian accounting experience, including at least two years at a senior level
- Startup mentality!
- You have a CPA designation
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Expert proficiency in spreadsheets and slides presentations
- Aptitude within a Mac and G-suite based environment
- Proficiency in SaaS tools and spreadsheet software, such as Xero and Asana.
Perks, Perks, Perks
- Work with Top Down, in a collaborative work environment with cross-functional teams, amongst multiple rapid-growth SaaS companies at varying stages of growth
- Mentorships by industry veterans with a 100% track record of industry success in funding and scaling software companies create endless career opportunities
- Training and professional development budget provided to help advance your career and skills (available every year to every employee)
- World-class offices and facilities in downtown Vancouver for locals seeking a hybrid experience
- Fully stocked bar, organic local coffee, snacks, food, and a world-class gym
- Brand new, top-of-the-line hardware and equipment providing an ideal working environment either at home or in the office
- Monthly stipend to assist with creating the best hybrid work experience, plus a top benefits package including 100% extended health and dental.
We love our #Rocketeers! We value their work and recognize that to be a great #Rocketeer; you have to have a work-life balance. Due to COVID-19, we have moved our teams to a hybrid model. This means the option to work in our Vancouver office or remotely, with all the perks for the ultimate work-life balance.
If you prefer to work from home, not a problem! If you want to be in the offices, that is great! Our team remains connected throughout the day, so there is never a dull moment, and you still feel part of the community, no matter where you work.
Dream jobs do not knock on your door every day
ScalePad is not your typical software company. When we hire you, we aren’t just offering you a job; instead, we commit to investing in both you and your long-term career. You'll help shape how this modern SaaS company operates and genuinely impact the future of our people, product, and partners.
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. Please note you must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role. We thank you for your interest. Successful applicants will be contacted.
Please, no recruiters or phone calls.