SAP iXp Intern - Software Developer [Vancouver]
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
SAP iXp Intern - Software Developer [Vancouver]
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - Software Developer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected Start Date: 6 May 2024
Contract Duration: 8 months
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
- Develop and maintain existing in-house automation landscape.
- Test case development for existing and new features.
- Coordinate testing, integration and documentation of solutions.
- Provide operational support and new technologies investigations.
What you bring
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Working experience in Java OOP is a must.
- Working knowledge of web framework, preferably Grails and/or Spring, is a must.
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, web development, REST services and database design.
- Working knowledge of testing framework.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of scripting language, i.e. Bash, Python, and Perl, is an asset.
- Knowledge of large platform & infrastructure software (e.g. Docker, OpenStack, CloudFoundry, etc.) would be a definite asset.
- Knowledge of CI/CD frameworks, i.e. Jenkins, is an asset.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and quickly understand the existing framework and business requirements.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks.
- Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates to currently be enrolled in a Bachelor's or Masters, degree program which is applicable to the position (computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent with proven experience).
- At least 4-month previous Coop term experience in software testing or development is required.
- Can commit for 8 months full-time internship.
*Candidates in other subjects with relevant education and/or work experience may be considered.
Meet your team
The Global Technology Legal Compliance team (GTLC) ensures SAP technology and products comply with license and obligation requirements from intellectual property laws and regulations perspectives. The team implements and manages a set of solutions to support process automations for legal compliance and service the development community and stakeholders in SAP.
The Intern – Software Developer will work within the development team of GTLC team. Prior legal compliance knowledge is not required for this position. As a member of the GTLC, you are a self-starter and will work in a dynamic environment to maintain our automation solutions that have been serving as the critical cornerstones to the SAP legal compliances solutions. The successful candidate will have the opportunities to work with other talented engineers to build solutions by leveraging the latest web development technologies.
The successful candidate for this position is a team player, possess excellent communication skills, and demonstrates a strong understanding of software development practices.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the hourly base salary rate range applicable for the posted role. The targeted range for this position is 24-40 CAD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidates will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. SAP offers limited benefits for employees hired into hourly or like roles subject to appliable plan/policy terms. A summary of benefits and eligibility requirements can be found by clicking this link: SAPNorthAmericaBenefits.com
Requisition ID: 386421 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9
Job Segment: Testing, Intellectual Property, SAP, ERP, Cloud, Technology, Legal