Sr. Client Delivery Manager - ECS
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
Sr. Client Delivery Manager - ECS
We Help the World Run Better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the Team
Customer Delivery Engagement (CDE) organization is the global team within SAP Enterprise Cloud Services organization overseeing all aspects of the Customer Engagement from the point of sale throughout the entire lifecycle and providing commercial, project, and technical operations expertise. They deliver fixed-scope, proactive and outcome-based services across the entire SAP software stack to SAP’s RISE customers.
The CDE team combines all customer-facing roles inside ECS and presents SAP as "One Voice" through coordinated communication at all levels to our clients, internal and external stakeholders. We are dedicated to customer centricity, client intimacy and support of client lifecycle management.
We create a stable foundation for our customers’ IT operations and support customers on their digital transformation journey to the intelligent enterprise based on S4/HANA. With continuous access to our expertise and the broader SAP expert network, our customers can take advantage of the latest technologies to support continuous business innovation. SAP CDE helps customers accelerate their innovation adoption, delivering the flexibility to adapt to business changes, rapidly implement technologies and standardize and optimize operations of SAP centric solutions. The mission of the CDE Organization is to maximize the customer success by helping to manage complexity, ensure stable operations, mitigate risk and lowering total cost of operation, support customers on their journey to the intelligent enterprise powered by S4/HANA and releasing investment as well as customer resource capacity for innovation.
Our Client Delivery Managers (CDM) work in close collaboration with the Technical and Project teams to serve our customers and provide quality remote and on-site services and activities to fit the customers' needs and complexity.
After initial contract execution, the CDM is the primary SAP ECS contact for the client and assumes end-to-end accountability of the engagement and is responsible for the delivery and performance of the contracted ECS services. CDMs act as a partly onsite trusted advisor who grows the business by developing and supporting growth of the client relationship for SAP ECS.
The CDM cooperates closely with the customers’ technology and business stakeholders and is the voice of the client within SAP and recognized as the escalation point for all issues with regards to the ECS engagement while cooperatively planning and coordinating ECS-related requests. The CDM is also in contact with customer's Management / C-Level and acts as trusted advisor who grows the business by driving the client’s digital transformation and generating higher customer value. The CDM shares monthly / quarterly reporting on the Service Level with the customer and advises on new services or other developments within SAP Enterprise Cloud Services that increase the business value for the customer.
The CDM role has variations depending on the customer’s contract type.
• Develop a strategic engagement with your client to establish client focus on the core of the services delivered.
• Continuously increase client trusted advisor relationship with executives and key stakeholders
• Demonstrate accountability as the single orchestrator for end-to-end delivery.
• Set up the engagement, manage all engagement delivery lifecycle phases after contract signature (on-boarding, transition, stabilization, operations, off-boarding)
• Ensure operational excellence on contract administration supported by ECS functions (profitability reporting, invoicing, credits, penalties etc.)
• Create and maintain service plans for each customer to proactively manage operational risk and ensure customer adherence to save on costs resulting from unforeseen outages
• Identify service improvements and delivery opportunities and realize the value for the client
• Track and report on business growth and upsell throughout the entire engagement lifecycle
• Expected to spend up to 20% of time onsite at client location
Education and Qualifications/ Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred in Business Administration, Computer Science, Technical Engineering, Economics, or related field
• SAP Basis, technology and/or functional knowledge are very important
• Technical infrastructure know-how and technical understanding of virtualized system landscapes is critical for this role
• Strong project management skills & customer-facing experience
• Strong ability to translate between technical and non-technical audience with confidence
• Strong engagement management, relationship building and de-escalation skills
• Excellent presentation, communication, and moderator skills
• High competency in multi-tasking and ability to manage multiple engagements in parallel
• Accustomed to working in an international and global virtual matrix organization
• Experienced in area of IT service providers and managing outsourcing engagements
• Understanding of SAP’s cloud business, cloud and hybrid infrastructure and cloud operation processes
• High proficiency in English. Additional languages are a big plus
• Knowledge and certifications in standards and methodologies for SAP IT operations (e.g. SAP CCoE, ITIL V4 Foundation or Expert Level, Run SAP standards, Solution Manager ALM) are beneficial
• Certification in project management methodology (e.g. PMP) is beneficial
• 4-6+ years’ experience in project management or SAP Operations
• 4-6+ years’ experience in a customer-facing role
• 8+ years’ experience in SAP Basis and/or infrastructure operation/development is preferred/desirable
We Build Breakthroughs Together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We Win with Inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is $88,700-$185,400 CAD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount, and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: SAPNorthAmericaBenefits.com
Requisition ID: 386437 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 20% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid
Toronto, ON, CA, M5K 1B7
Job Segment: Cloud, ERP, SAP, Computer Science, Contract Manager, Technology, Legal