Senior Technical Service Manager, Enterprise Cloud Services
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
Senior Technical Service Manager, Enterprise Cloud Services
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Customer Delivery Engagement (CDE) organization is the global team within SAP Enterprise Cloud Services organization overseeing all aspects of the Customer Engagement from the point of sale throughout the entire lifecycle and providing commercial, project, and technical operations expertise. They deliver fixed-scope, proactive and outcome-based services across the entire SAP software stack to SAP’s RISE customers.
The CDE team combines all customer-facing roles inside ECS and presents SAP as "One Voice" through coordinated communication at all levels to our clients, internal and external stakeholders. We are dedicated to customer centricity, client intimacy and support of client lifecycle management.
We create a stable foundation for our customers’ IT operations and support customers on their digital transformation journey to the intelligent enterprise based on S4/HANA. With continuous access to our expertise and the broader SAP expert network, our customers can take advantage of the latest technologies to support continuous business innovation.
SAP CDE helps customers accelerate their innovation adoption, delivering the flexibility to adapt to business changes, rapidly implement technologies and standardize and optimize operations of SAP centric solutions. The mission of the CDE Organization is to maximize the customer success by helping to manage complexity, ensure stable operations, mitigate risk and lowering total cost of operation, support customers on their journey to the intelligent enterprise powered by S4/HANA and releasing investment as well as customer resource capacity for innovation.
As Technical Service Manager (TSM), we are looking for an accomplished Senior SAP Technical Consultant in delivering high-quality results consistently. As a key member of ECS, you will be contributing to SAP's Global strategy of helping customers with adoption of SAP S/4HANA on their path to the Intelligent Enterprise.
Technical Service Manager (TSM) acts as a trusted technical advisor in the safeguarding and optimization of customer investments into SAP ECS. TSM owns the customer landscape and advise on critical and complex landscape changes during life cycle management. TSM will work as a team with Customer Delivery Managers (CDMs) and ECS internal service delivery to serve and delight our customers, by providing quality services throughout their entire lifecycle.
This is a customer-facing role focused on Large & Strategic Customers where you will be part of the Enterprise Cloud Services delivery organization.
- Primary contact for the customer regarding technology discussions
- Own the technical discussions with the customer and act as the orchestrator of experts to obtain expertise from the SAP delivery organization as required.
- Ownership & detailed understanding of the customer landscape managed within ECS & understand interdependencies between systems (both within ECS and beyond).
- Support the CDM and the TechOps teams for execution of the service delivery plan and calendar.
- Analyze customer technical requirements and organize / co-ordinate experts from ECS Delivery team and drive those topics to resolution to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Present the intricacies of the private offering, technical details, and engagement model to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the customer or SAP services teams to build customer-specific cloud roadmaps that cover topics around Infrastructure Architecture, Technical Managed services, security, and integration.
- Guide customers on all technical aspects like Business Continuity, Security & Compliance, Networks, etc.
- Assess customer security and network requirements to make sure the SAP security architecture framework can meet customer requirements.
- Conduct Technical & operational reviews (monthly) to measure the progress against defined Cloud architecture & roadmap; establish and drive resolution plans to resolve issues and problems to completion.
- Support the migration roadmap together with partners, System Integrators, and or SAP Professional Services.
- Comprehensive knowledge on S/4HANA architecture, conversion, migration path, methodology and tools.
- Understanding of various SAP cloud solutions and integration scenarios of SAP systems with BTP, Ariba, Successfactors etc.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management.
- High proficiency in customer communications and presentations is required.
- High proficiency in the SAP product portfolio, offerings, and industry solutions.
- Good understanding of SAP solutions (releases, platform interdependencies, etc.)
- Good understanding of operational aspects (Application or Technical) of SAP solutions in a cloud environment.
- Good understanding of capabilities of at least one Hyperscale Clouds (AWS; MS Azure or GCP).
- Willingness to undertake customer-related travel on short notice.
- 8+ years of experience with SAP Basis administrative duties REQUIRED.
- 8+ years of customer-facing SAP Technical Consulting experience.
- 8+ years of solution design, enterprise architecture, and or SAP implementation.
- SAP NetWeaver, OS/DB migration, SAP HANA, TOGAF certifications are plus.
- Experience and certifications with IaaS Providers (AWS, MS Azure, or GCP) are an advantage.
- SAP HANA and S/4 HANA skills would be very helpful but not mandatory.
- Cloud security including Cyber Security, Encryption, and key management knowledge is preferred.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 386408 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 20% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Calgary, AB, CA, T2P 5E9
Job Segment: Cloud, ERP, Information Technology, IT Architecture, Cyber Security, Technology, Security