SAP iXp Intern - UX Designer
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
SAP iXp Intern - UX Designer
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Project:
The SAP Internship Experience Project is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP:
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With SAP Internship Experience Project in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
As a User Experience Designer on our team, you will be working with a group of exceptionally talented and motivated colleagues. Our development process follows the principle of continuous integration. We use design tools like Figma and Flinto along with Jira in conjunction with in-house software like SAP Jam. On our team you will design and improve our cloud analytics platform, SAP Analytics Cloud, as well as cooperate with developers and sales colleagues to deliver the best user experience for our customers.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - UX Designer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Internship Duration: 8 months
In this role, you’ll:
We are looking for people who are eager to learn, creative and resourceful in getting things to work, and who are able to work independently and collaboratively. You are expected to:
- Create UX and visual design specifications for SAP Analytics Cloud
- Take responsibility for usability testing and providing UX sign off for upcoming releases
- Work closely with our developers and product experts to provide our customers with fresh, friendly, and elegantly simple user experiences no matter their function or role within the application
- Engage with end users, customers and the sales team to better understand the needs and workflows of the end users, and collaborate on concepts for new functionality
- Combine new design mock-ups with existing product features and build videos to show that there is a meaningful story behind each feature request
- Be adaptable to challenges and flexible with changes
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues across all levels, teams, location and willing to take ownership
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stays curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- You are someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious.
- You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and design thinking concepts.
- Experience with mobile apps, web-based apps, and other technologies pertaining to user interface design.
- Proficiency in latest design tools such as Figma or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Excellent visual design and user-system interaction skills.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present designs and sell solutions to stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the hourly base salary rate range applicable for the posted role. The targeted range for this position is 18.00 - 36.00 CAD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidates will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. SAP offers limited benefits for employees hired into hourly or like roles subject to appliable plan/policy terms. A summary of benefits and eligibility requirements can be found by clicking this link: SAPNorthAmericaBenefits.com
Requisition ID: 386231 | Work Area: Administration | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9
Job Segment: User Experience, Cloud, SAP, ERP, Intern, Technology, Entry Level