SAP iXp Intern - Concur Spend-Software Developer [Vancouver]
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - Concur Spend-Software Developer [Vancouver]
Location: Vancouver, BC (On-site)
Expected Start Date: 6 May 2024
Contract Duration: 8 months
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
- Gain technical, organizational and soft-skills
- Have a mentor throughout your internship who is there to help you at work and give you career advice when you seek it
- Drive, design, and develop new features by working with your agile team, product owner, user experience and quality engineering to elaborate on features, estimate task time, and then write high-quality code
- Work in a scrum development project model, with a daily scrum meeting, and two-week sprints with refinement, sprint planning, and demos
- Participate actively in the gathering of requirement, design, and code reviews
- Interact effectively with team members from diverse cultural backgrounds and working in different locations
- Enjoy a strong technical environment where all members of the engineering team, including your development manager, are close to the code, and making technical contributions
- Your work will help Concur Expense directly improve the experience of its largest and fastest growing set of customers - the small business
What you bring
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a related technical field
- The ability to solve technical computer problems by writing actual working code; this is very much a hands-on position
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Good people skills
- Can commit to an 8-month full-time internship
Desirable experience and qualifications:
- Evidence of excellence in some capacity (could be via personal projects, exceptional success in some endeavor, etc.)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- For all applications, we encourage you to upload a copy of your transcript alongside your resume
Meet your team
- With close to 58 million users worldwide, SAP Concur is the world’s leading travel and expense management software
- SAP Concur Expense Engineering is a global engineering team with agile teams in 7+ locations around the globe
- The Vancouver team’s focus is on Small and Medium Business customers. Keeping track of expenses is a top concern of small business, and our goal is to make this as quick to set up, administer, and try out as possible for the customer
- We adopt an agile software development model and develop software as a micro-service and deliver at a frequent cadence to multiple data center
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the hourly base salary rate range applicable for the posted role. The targeted range for this position is 24-40 CAD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidates will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. SAP offers limited benefits for employees hired into hourly or like roles subject to appliable plan/policy terms. A summary of benefits and eligibility requirements can be found by clicking this link: SAPNorthAmericaBenefits.com
Requisition ID: 385506 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid
Job Segment: SAP, ERP, Web Design, Cloud, Intern, Technology, Creative, Entry Level