SAP iXp Intern - Cloud Infrastructure DevOps
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
Position title: SAP iXp Intern - Cloud Infrastructure DevOps
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Expected start date: February 2024 to May 2024
Duration of the internship: 2 semesters full-time (8 months). Open to internship extensions past 8 months, even part-time.
In this role, you’ll
- Set up the complete lifecycle of an application – from source code, to testing, to deployment, to storage management, to high-availability container orchestration and
- monitoring, and everything in-between
- Learn all about container technology (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes) to manage applications at scale
- Learn how to monitor applications in a Kubernetes cluster
- Learn and apply the latest DevOps best practices, such as GitOps and SRE
- Learn about building production-ready Golang applications
- Setup networking components to deliver a secure infrastructure
- Learn how to navigate cloud hyperscaler platforms
As you can see, our team covers varied topics. Due to the nature of our responsibilities and services, it takes more than a semester for an intern to become comfortable with our complete stack. Therefore, an intern who is open to staying for more than 2-3 semesters or longer (even if part-time) is preferred.
What you bring
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
You are a good fit if you are
- Good at communication and expressing yourself
- Proactive with your learning
- Not afraid to ask questions and seek help
- Able to break down a large problem into smaller tasks
- Eager to keep on learning and staying curious
- Looking for a convivial and friendly team!
- Computer Science or Software Engineering background (or equivalent)
- Experience with:
- Linux commands
- RESTful APIs
- Protocols (HTTP, TLS, TCP, OAuth 2.0, etc.)
- Containerization technology (Docker, Podman, etc.)
- Scripting (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Have completed courses in the following topics:
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Operating Systems
Desired Skills (Good to have, but not required)
- Kubernetes basics
- Continuous Integration technology (Jenkins, TravisCI, etc.)
- Experience with Jenkins management and Jenkins Groovy pipelines
- Continuous Delivery technology (ArgoCD, FluxCD, etc.)
- Infrastructure-as-Code tools (Terraform, Pulumi, etc.)
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools (telnet, nslookup, curl, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Golang
- Working knowledge of any cloud hyperscaler platform
- Experience with debugging applications outside of the Application layer of the OSI stack
- Experience with NGINX servers
- DevOps and Agile mindset (automation, SRE, etc.)
Meet your team
Team Teapots (HTTP 418) provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) to run CI/CD pipelines on cloud hyperscalers - notably GCP, Azure, and SAP Converged Cloud. As a Cloud Infrastructure team, we use the latest open-source technologies and DevOps best practices to deliver secure, reliable, and scalable IaaS solutions. We are an international team with members in Montreal, Munich, and Bangalore working in the Montreal (EST) and Munich (CET) time zones. Team Teapots is experienced with interns. Most of our interns continue as working students after their initial contract of full-time work, allowing for flexible hours to help manage their time between work, school, and life.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the hourly base salary rate range applicable for the posted role. The targeted range for this position is [Not translated in selected language] CAD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidates will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. SAP offers limited benefits for employees hired into hourly or like roles subject to appliable plan/policy terms. A summary of benefits and eligibility requirements can be found by clicking this link: SAPNorthAmericaBenefits.com
Requisition ID: 385926 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid
Job Segment: Cloud, SAP, ERP, Intern, Open Source, Technology, Entry Level