SAP iXp Intern - Full Stack Developer
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
Position title: SAP iXp Intern - Full Stack Developer
Expected start date to end date: January - August 2024
Work Hours: 40 hours per week desired (Flexible)
- Work in close collaboration with your teammates to deliver cloud-native micro-services using the latest technologies to major retailers
- Implement frontend and/or backend features and create unit tests for your deliverables
- Deploy cloud services in our landscape (development, staging) using CI/CD
- Communicate with team leads to understand the requirements of assigned tasks
- Collaborate with Quality specialists to ensure high quality and test automation
- Experience Agile practices: SCRUM methodology, pair programming, etc.
- Learn tons and build amazing relationships!
What you bring
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (ongoing or recently completed)
- Technical skills:
- Knowledge on Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark jobs, Redis is a plus
- Experience with Cloud architecture, micro-services and technologies is a must and experience with Azure public cloud is a plus
- Organized: Strong problem solving skills and willingness to do research tasks
- Curious: Proactive, autonomous and taking ownership of the tasks and project
- Team player: Great collaboration and listening skills
- Clear and efficient communication skills (both French and English are required)
- This position is offered in hybrid mode. You must be willing to join us, in-person, in the Montreal office at least once a week for the duration of the internship.
What you can expect from us
- An internship packed of learnings on industry level technologies and hands-on experience with our best software developers
- Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams
- Brand new collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of downtown Montreal
Meet your team
The SAP Industries & Customer Experience (I&CX) unit is focusing on building cutting-edge cloud products for customers in the Commerce and Consumer industry, more specifically the Retail industry. We are bringing together product strategy with all the necessary cloud business functions such as architecture, engineering and operations.
You can expect to join a dynamic cross-functional development team focused on cloud-native applications delivery and passionate about retailers. The team promotes transparency, values integrity, curiosity and teamwork and is motivated to deliver with high quality and on time to our customers all around the globe. We are working in an international setup with teams in both Montreal and Germany also collaborating frequently with the USA and China.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the hourly base salary rate range applicable for the posted role. The targeted range for this position is 18.00 - 40.00 CAD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidates will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. SAP offers limited benefits for employees hired into hourly or like roles subject to appliable plan/policy terms. A summary of benefits and eligibility requirements can be found by clicking this link: SAPNorthAmericaBenefits.com
Requisition ID: 384479 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid
Job Segment: Cloud, SAP, ERP, Developer, Intern, Technology, Entry Level