SAP iXp Intern - Developer, Assembly and Build Operations [Vancouver]
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - Developer, Assembly and Build Operations
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected Start Date: 2 January 2024
Contract Duration: 8 months
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
- After an intensive on-the-job training in a highly motivated team you’ll directly step in our daily tasks
- You will be responsible building and publishing software packages and/or mobile apps, analysing errors and tracking solutions of errors, planning and performing deployment tests
- You will be involved in the complete lifecycle of our products: development phase, shipment and maintenance processes
- You will be helping us with the Vancouver Data Centre Move gaining technical experience in all different Operating System levels
- You will closely work together with global Development, Quality Management, Translation and Infrastructure teams, gaining a strong network within the SAP organization
- You will be involved in customer tickets and in the delivery of software artefacts to our customers
- As a developer, we will be using your resource for our internal automation efforts helping us to innovate and improve/standardize our build processes
What you bring
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Currently matriculated in a computer science, engineering, natural science or related subject
- Analytical thinking and tackling complex issues
- Methodical and independent working mode
- Service and customer orientation
- Experience with development, build and publishing of mobile Apps, source code management systems (e.g. Git/Gerrit)
- Development Experience with Cloud Hyperscalers such as Google Cloud Platform would be beneficial
Meet your team
The Production Services Team provides its services for all SAP products enabling development teams to deliver Customer and Cloud Ready Innovations in highest quality.
Our sub-team Non-ABAP Assembly builds software components for SAP’s Cloud, traditional OnPremise and Mobile applications using different source code management systems and build processes. Our tasks consist of new Release Assembly, Support Package and Patch Assembly, build operations, code signing and consulting for development teams for assembly and delivery processes. Additionally, we run innovation projects which help us to automate, standardize our process &/or environment.
Processes are continuously adapted to requirements of new SAP products and technologies.
Our team is represented in Germany, Canada, France, Russia and India.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 380632 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Job Segment: Cloud, Developer, SAP, Operations Manager, .NET, Technology, Operations