SAP iXp Intern - Software Developer Cloud Platform Services, Applications & Products
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
About the SAP Internshi Experience Project
The SAP Internship Experience Project is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP:
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With SAP Internship Experience Project in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
SAP Language Experience Lab (LX) is a global team responsible for translating all SAP software products and a variety of internal and customer-facing content into more than 40 languages.
As a member of the LX Dev team in Vancouver, you will work in a dynamic environment and maintain internal systems and applications to support the localization process. In addition, you will help develop our new translation platform in the Cloud. If you have web development skills and want to contribute to developing a worldwide platform and applications that are used internally across SAP and externally across the globe, then this may be the role for you.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - Software Developer Cloud Platform Services, Applications & Products
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected start date to end date: January 2024 – August 2024
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop Cloud services and applications that support translation process and workflow automation
- Drive, design, and develop new features by working with other developers and a product owner
- Setup and maintain the auto test framework in an agile and continuous delivery mode
- Iteratively architect (and revise architecture) based on emerging requirements
- Provide estimates for assigned work
- Coordinate testing, integration, and documentation of solution
- Monitor and maintain support queues. Provide primary support.
- Perform troubleshooting with respect to system failure in the production environment, including communications with affected users as required.
- Perform knowledge sharing with other developers
- Participate in retrospectives and propose ideas for improving team’s effectiveness and delivery process
Who you are:
The ideal candidate for this position is a team player, possesses strong communication skills, and demonstrates a solid understanding of software development practices.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Development experience with Database such as PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- Working experience with data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and quickly understand the existing framework and business requirements
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Very organized with high attention to detail
- Willing and able to work in different technical environments
- Working experience with software automation testing and continuous development models (Jenkins, Selenium, Sonar, JIRA and Git) is an asset
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree program which is applicable to the position (computer science or equivalent proven experience). Recent graduates will also be considered.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 379456 | Work Area: Administration | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Job Segment: Testing, Cloud, Developer, .NET, ERP, Technology