SAP iXp Intern - Global Communications Specialist [Vancouver]
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - Global Communications Specialist
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected Start Date: October 2023
Expected End Date: August 2024
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
- Work with the global d-shop lead to deliver communications that focus on regular, consistent and engaging messaging for global d-shop community
- Internal media technical journalism: newsletters, event overviews (take pictures and video interviews), update internal online community space
- Maintain d-shop virtual presence in SAP innovation space: record and post process learning sessions videos, share through various learning channels
- Organize global marketing campaigns for global events
- Create compelling and effective graphic designs and marketing collateral, including posters, digital signage and event branding
- Support in running d-shop global events including marketing materials, meeting content, coordination and speaker preparation
- Community manager for SAP d-shop internal collaboration portal, called SAP Jam
- Turn great news into social media shareables
- Event photography and videography
- Other communication/administration duties/projects as assigned
What you bring
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Excellent communication skills including:
- Fluent in both oral and written English
- Business writing skills aimed at employees
- Technology journalism/marketing skills (preparation of written, visual, or audio material intended for dissemination through internal social media, focusing on technology)
- Able to turn ideas and concepts into visually relevant and effective collateral
- Photo and Video recording and processing skills
- Interest in and awareness of latest technologies and their technical aspects
- Ability to interact with and influence others
- Shows initiative to solve challenges
- Exercises mature judgement and handle situations with diplomacy and tact
- Basic graphic design skills is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in (or pursuit of) Communications, Marketing or equivalent
- This role is best for someone in their second co-op term or beyond
- Past experience in the tech industry is an asset
- Willing to commit for 8 – 10 months full-time internship starting ASAP
Meet your team
d-shop is an internal SAP’s makerspace and a place for the internal SAP community to meet and collaborate, to explore and learn about latest IoT and consumer technologies, to invent and prototype those ideas. Amazon Eco, Oculus Rift, Nest, 3D printers, Robotics, Arduino and Raspberry Pi are some of the devices and technologies that you will be working side by side with.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for providing top-notch internal communications for the SAP global d-shop team. You will work on raising awareness, presence and excitement about d-shop within the internal SAP innovation community. The successful candidate must have a breadth of experience in communications and a passion for connecting people with information in new and creative ways. You are an independent worker, but effective at collaborating with others and flexible to take on new and varied tasks.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 378086 | Work Area: Communication | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Job Segment: Marketing Communications, SAP, ERP, Communications, Photography, Marketing, Technology, Creative