SAP Sr. Basis Consultant
SAP IoT Startup Accelerator
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
SAP S/4HANA/HANA/BASIS Senior Technology Consultant will be a member of our North America BTP Delivery organization. The Delivery @ Scale Organization is responsible for driving customer success as
ONE SAP by maximizing the adoption of SAP products across industries with accelerated ‘time-to-value', leveraging global scale and expertise through integrated right shore delivery, focusing on remote, factory
services and outcome-based solutions that utilize robust processes and practices. Our team drives value and continuous improvement for our customers using operationally sound processes and basic quality system
fundamentals. Providing our consultant’s training, certification, and skill expansion opportunities are key priorities our organization’s success and long-term employee career growth within the Delivery @ Scale Organization
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
In the role of Senior HANA/Basis Consultant, you will possess and can demonstrate the following skills:
- Deliver projects as Technical Lead for customers, including support during requirement gathering
- phase, analysis of system landscape, technical design, and development of interface
- Ability to assist team members in the development and implementation of technical solutions
- (Implementations, Upgrades and Migrations) and support with ongoing projects
- Deep knowledge and understanding of SAP technologies and methodologies
- Must have previous experience working in upgrades, OS/DB migrations and HANA migration
- projects (experience in Implementation and blueprinting is a big plus)
- Providing BASIS support for projects involving HANA and S/4HANA
- Provide architectural guidance on cloud migration (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Design end-to-end security for SAP on premise and SAP Cloud based applications including two
- factor authentications and single sign-on from anywhere on any device
- Ability to troubleshoot/analyze and resolve technical problems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work in a team environment, understand and be responsive to
- project and customer needs.
- Ability to adapt and function effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment while working under
- Build credible relationships with peers and clients, and continuous professional learning of SAP
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge effectively.
- SAP Basis and Security Authentication – Strong Knowledge and Hands on experience on Technical
- Planning, Installations, Upgrades, OS/DB Migrations, Unicode Conversions, S/4HANA
- Technically fluent in o Operating System (Unix/Windows/Linux), Database Oracle/DB2/SQL Server/ MaxDB ) administration
- SAP HANA in-Memory Platform
- SAP HANA Data provisioning technology including SAP LT, Data Services, DXC, Sybase
- replication server
- SAP HANA scale-out and standalone deployment, administration and optimization
- experience and knowledge
- Fiori Platform
- Cloud Migrations (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge/Experience in performance tuning, User Management, System copies, and Unicode
- Experience with SAP NetWeaver Identity Provider for X.509 certificates, Kerberos and SAML 2.0
- Experience in installing and implementing SAP’s User Experience and Mobile Solutions including
- Fiori, Gateway, SMP, and HCPms
- Be analytical, results-driven and have a solution-oriented approach.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, listening and
- Prior experience involving client/customer interaction required
- Any experience in Fiori install and configuration highly desired
- Strong preference for candidates with S/4HANA experience
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in: Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- 10+ years previous experience working across a range of implementations, upgrade and migration
- SAP Certifications in S/4HANA, OS/DB Migration, NetWeaver and SAP HANA preferred
- Experience of working in large landscapes/environments/customers
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 370863 | Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services | Expected Travel: 0 - 60% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - Canada #LI-Hybrid.
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Cloud, Computer Science, Database, Technology