Camera - Driver Developemnt Specialist
Position Summary1. Control and manage device by understanding the device and implementing the driver.
2. Contribute to enhanced quality of product through testing and optimizing the device.
Role and Responsibilities
Minimum of 4 to 10 Years
Skills and Qualifications
Computer imaging and vision continues to become a large and important aspect of most of our electronic devices. Samsung Semiconductor has state-of-the-art Camera ISP and Imaging SW/HW pipeline. It supports multiple use cases and businesses such as mobile, automotive etc. It is also capable of leveraging AI using on chip AI accelerators. This is an exciting opportunity for software engineers to develop cutting edge imaging solutions. This role will require development and commercialization of device drivers for Camera ISP and sensors.
- Experience in operating system stack. Preferred experience in Linux and its components such as power and clock management, device tree, memory managers etc.
- Sound experience in development of device driver code for ARM Cortex M/A/R series CPU cores, DMA engines, Interrupt Controller, Memory management, IO peripherals etc.
- Exposure to profiling and performance analysis of hardware blocks and firmware sections.
- System profiling (systrace, DS5, etc.), system performance and power optimizing. Knowledge of PMUs (performance management units) or hooks available in HW to profile/estimate performance
- Preferred experience of bring-up of device driver on new chipsets
- Knowledge of Camera subsystem in Linux preferred