Senior Manager, Product Management- New Computing
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Group RRSP plan that helps you save for the future
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• 4-day in-office work schedule Monday through Thursday – with Friday remaining a flex day to work remotely
• Tuition Reimbursement to keep you learning/Access of Samsung U for 24/7 online learning
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions!
Leading, accelerating and growing Samsung Canada’s Tablet and Laptop business to the next level. You are an experienced professional with a background in product management and expert knowledge of Tablet and Laptop market in Canada. Working with other members of the team you develop strategies for business growth. Lead all category-related business decisions for local subsidiary over the life cycle of the multiple products in the category. This includes driving product, promotional and channel strategies while focusing on core KPIs including revenue and market share targets, managing weeks of supply and profitability of the category.
Role incumbent will be a liaison between Sales, Marketing, SCM, Service and Channel for all category related matters. Manage PM team within the category to meet product objectives and overall category objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build Mid to Long term strategy plan for Category and take ownership of executing strategy profitably
- Create and maintain product line-up and life cycle management, evaluate price positioning and determine if/when appropriate changes are required
- Analyze P&L and set category budget, provide management reporting for spend, profit, share with fluctuation analysis and commentary
- Continuously monitor TAM and Market Share targets adapting strategy when necessary to achieve goals
- Conduct weekly conference call with HQ teams sharing market insights and gaining global perspective and overall direction for the category (Market / Competition /Product Planning)
- Prepare customer collaboration, market analysis, product research, competitive landscape snapshot, channel inventory analysis
- Represent the category, along with Carrier and National Account Sales Team for partner meetings
- Responsible to creating and maintaining yearly forecasting and monthly forecast submission for the overall category, and presenting plan and strategy to executives
- Responsible for providing daily direction to all staff by delegating and scheduling work to the assigned team, and monitors work completion and quality according to procedures and deadlines
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing (or equivalent) preferred
- A minimum of 5 years working in a Product Management role in the consumer electronics industry preferred
- Experience managing a team of product managers
- Consumer Electronics background is essential
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
- Ability to productively interact with retail partners
- The ability to negotiate with both vendors and customers on marketing proposals and plans
- Ability to lead, motivate and educate
- Ability to motivate and guide the activities to manage product sales performance with the sales team
- The ability to develop tasks, to ensure process compliance
- Ability to manage budgets and determine ROI
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment is a must
- Work with a sense of urgency
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.