Senior Specialist I, Sales Administration and Process Improvement
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Group RRSP plan that helps you save for the future
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• 4-day in-office work schedule Monday through Thursday – with Friday remaining a flex day to work remotely
• Tuition Reimbursement to keep you learning/Access of Samsung U for 24/7 online learning
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions!
As a Process Improvement /Sales Administration Specialist you will have a dual role on the team. You will be the customer’s main point of contact for any sales promo related issues to an assigned portfolio as well as assisting junior staff in resolving similar issues on their portfolio. In addition, you will support and facilitate ongoing projects within Samsung Electronics Canada (SECA) and HQ, review internal process to drive lean practices within the Org.
Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity by modifying existing processes and workflows, introducing automation, and developing new performance standards and metrics.
Responsible for auditing, processing claims (AAF, Spiff, Trailing Credits, Bundles etc) as well as specific dealer programs (NRA, quarterly & yearly VIR).
Role and Responsibilities
- Support and facilitate projects and initiatives that improve the claims process/performance
- Identify root causes of process barriers and sources of inefficiencies and develop recommendations for process improvement
- Creates project plans and documentation to support the management of process improvement projects
- Coordinates between HQ and SECA on audit-related requests
- Creates and presents information and supporting documentation to groups both internal and external (3rd party Alorica Team) of process improvement plan(s)
- Provide training to both internal and external groups of the process improvement concepts/methodologies/tools
- Evaluate new/updated customer programs against the contract terms/conditions and make appropriate recommendations
- Maintain & Update customer’ sales programs in the system as per yearly contract or when changes arise
- Assist Sales Admin. Manager in auditing and approving claim requests when required
- Assist Sales admin staff in auditing complex claims and lead the discussion on disputes with Sales Management as well as customer
- Responsible for processing customer’s quarterly/yearly approved program payouts
- Review & audit customer claims & match to related promo or program
- Submit audited claims for approval on related system with proper supporting documentation
- Responsible for monitoring and updating Weekly A/R Reports from Risk Management Team to be reviewed by NAHQ/HQ
- Responsible for updating monthly FSCS Report from A/P Department for a Division
- Manage weekly Priority Claims Report by Division to ensure priority claims are processed to prevent credit blocks, reduce of aging percentage (set at <1%)
- Monitor accrual balances and confirm accrual closings at month end to provide sales deduction P&L impact
- Reconcile credited claims with chargeback and communicate disputed items to customer & Sales Management. Work with both to resolve the issue
- Posting credits for, archiving, and filing approved claims
- Assist other departments with the collection of invalid deductions
- Generate reports upon request
Skills and Qualifications
- College Diploma or University Graduate (BA) preferred
- 3-5 years or more of related administration experience preferred
- Working knowledge in SAP
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other office products.
- The ability to communicate in writing, through e-mail, reports, or orally
- The ability to organize and prioritize simultaneous Sales Administration related projects
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels within SECA organization and vendors
- Very detail-oriented
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Solid communication and organizational skills
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.