Senior Specialist I, B2B Pre-Post Support
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Group RRSP plan that helps you save for the future
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• 4-day in-office work schedule Monday through Thursday – with Friday remaining a flex day to work remotely
• Tuition Reimbursement to keep you learning/Access of Samsung U for 24/7 online learning
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions!
Reporting to the Manager, Service Operations this role is primarily responsible for providing post sales product training/support with a backup role on providing pre-sales support. Post-sales technical support deals with all matters arising when using a product or technology after it has been sold or licensed (post-sale). Post-sale technical support can be free or fee-based, ranging from simple to highly complex issues. Approximately 50% of this role requires travel across Canada.
The pre-sales technical support covers technical questions about a product before the person asking these questions has bought the product. These inquiries are will typically help to clarify attributes or performance aspects of a product prior to making a purchase decision.
Role and Responsibilities
- In a backup role, providing additional capacity to the pre-sales team engaging with end customers “selling our products and solutions”
- Strong selling skills, interpersonal skills and ability to understand the customer’s needs and to enhance our chances and ability to sell them a Samsung Solution
- Actively train our partners on our solutions and products (in collaboration with Solutions and other training teams)
- Provide ongoing feedback to PM teams and Solutions teams on observations and needs from the market and customer engagements
- Support all key markets (East, Central and West) for speedy contact with customers
- Technical Resource for product Solutions, RFP submissions, Bids and Proposals
- Participate in Vertical Marketing – Trade shows, Customer presentations, demonstrations
- Provide Technical training monthly/quarterly on request to Sales, end-user customers and partners
- Ensure the technical training support provided strengthens brand preference and revenue through differentiated experiences
- Ongoing refreshment of skills to account for new product information and products for use as samples for service support and solutions development
Post Sales (70%):
- Publish reports on Solutions presented and what issues and opportunities are arising and will share with EB division
- Direct contact for our Customers/Dealers/Service Partners
- Regional support of the installed Digital Signage/Hospitality TV
- Technical Resource for hardware/software issues (SVC partner/Dealers/End Users)
- Escalate and log all known issues to the GBM (via the web based service cloud)
- Troubleshooting issues related to product group solutions, software, customer issues, tools
- Field support and rework & training on request or preferably based on a scheduled timeframe
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary Education in IT, Computers and or Computer Science preferred
- Excellent customer service skills. Technically inclined. Motivated with excellent time management skills. Excellent supervisory skills
- Excellent training and presentation skills
- Motivated with a positive attitude and excellent time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and some technical diagnosis skill an asset
- Ability to managing service quality issues when resolutions are not in place.
- Ability to deliver a presentation to a group meeting or training session is preferred
- At times having to deal with difficult and demanding consumers and product resellers
- Requires stress management and professionalism while meeting challenges of a fast paced changing work environment
- 3-5 years’ experience as technical trainer preferred
- 3-5 years of technical support experience with IT products and solutions preferred
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.