Senior Specialist I, Marketing Budget & Operations (18 Month Contract)
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Competitive Salary
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• 4-day in-office work schedule Monday through Thursday – with Friday remaining a flex day to work remotely
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions!
MX Marketing Budget Senior Specialist is responsible for forecasting and managing Sales deduction & Marketing budget and for reporting the ROI on spending initiatives to Samsung Electronics Canada (SECA) and IM Global Business Unit(GBU). In addition, the role will need to identify and advocate for spending on key initiatives by persuading other stakeholders at SECA and at HQ, as to the efficacy of such spending.
In this highly visible and integral role, the individual will work closely with the IM Product Management and Realization team, the IM Sales teams, SECA Finance, SECA Corporate Marketing and the RPM team at HQ’s IM GBU.
The individual must be able to proactively manage a large number of inputs, juggle priorities, think quickly and creatively to solve problems, and manage scarce dollars to the best outcome.
Role and Responsibilities
Annual TIM Management (30%)
- Work within SECA PM team, SECA Finance and MX GBU to set MP targets for TIM according to local profit and GBU targets
- Build business case and supporting material to persuade stakeholders to support SECA’s requests during the MP setting process
- Track historical trends and position and look at future costs to support business case
TIM Operational Management (50%)
- Analyze marketing promotions & programs – SD & MDF – for the purposes of providing directions and recommendations, maximizing use of funds, and/or ensuring overall spend is within TIM budget
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, ROI and budget preparation
- Organizes and leads budget submission and review process among SECA stakeholders
- Maintains overall checkbook for SD and MDF planned spending, ensuring linkage to revenue forecasts (requires weekly(daily one week per month) adjustments)
- Perform variance analysis (actual vs forecast) and identify root cause for the variance
- Provides administration support for SD/MDF programs – CORES submission, PP/EO/FOC submission, ECMS/BQMS reviews, Global Enterprise Portal
- Lead project/process changes and Implementation and assist in ad hoc requests
- Creates and maintains KPI dashboard and presents these to MX upper management
- Is the ‘subject matter expert’ for the processes and company policies - reviews all submissions for compliance
Event logistics management support for all carriers (20%)
- Managing logistics budget by carriers/product groups
- Shipment of RDUs
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree (Business Administration, Commerce or Accounting) preferred
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple levels within and outside the company. Must be able to influence others in acceptance, approval, and providing product description
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- The ability to work in a team environment to identify and achieve team project goals and results, including the completion of assignments within established time frames
- Mobile phone/wireless industry knowledge an asset
- 5+ years experience in Finance or Marketing Operations preferred
- Experience with an ERP systems (preferably SAP) an asset
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.