Project Manager, Consumer Programs (Mobile Division)(12 Month Contract)
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Competitive Salary
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• 4-day in-office work schedule Monday through Thursday – with Friday remaining a flex day to work remotely
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions!
Part of the Content & Service team, The Program Manager works closely with the Product Management team, Technical Product Management, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, Sales, Retail and Training teams as well as with external Partners and vendors to lead and support profitable growth initiatives through project planning, budgeting, and implementation related to New Product & Services Introduction.
In addition to TTM / new product launch ownership (GTM); this role will lead the business development elements of the Trade In ,Samsung Care Plus, Residual Value, Device Subscription initiatives as well as the Ageing clearance and CPO programs. The role will also be in charge of managing Sales operations for the the Rewards Catalog, aiming to drive incremental revenues for the MX division.
This role has end-to-end responsibility over multiple phased projects, including working with internal stakeholders and partners to deliver project and business objectives.
In addition, the Program Manager will own, promote, and enforce adherence to standards with respect milestone achievement, project scope, budget, and work quality. To promote effective collaboration, the Program Manager will develop and share detailed work plans, project schedules, forecasts, and resource plans.
Lastly, the Program Manager will obsessively seek ways to mitigate risk throughout the programs/projects lifecycle, collaborate on more efficient ways to manage resources, and resolve issues and gaps through leading regular meetings and reports, and work closely with internal stakeholders (sales, training, service, marketing, supply chain, product management, leadership, etc.) to ensure project deadlines are met.
Role and Responsibilities
Go To Market (GTM) Project:
- Develop and manage all aspects of the New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, sales, retail, training, supply chain and operations primes to create / maintain the project plan (action item list) and prioritize and schedule project deliverables
- Communicate to all stakeholders on project progress against designed plan, requirements, quality measures, compliance with processes, highlight risks and issues, drive resolution and escalate when required to resolve issues, variances and develop actions plans to manage changes or issues
- Gather content from cross functional teams and maintain Go To Market Plan / Deck / Excels
- Manage product launch planning activities
- Manage partner communications around NPI timelines and deliverables
- Provide regular status reports to the Leadership Team (SECA and HQ)
- Support PM / C&S Team in implementing the product launch offers
Trade – In Program:
- SPOC for the trade-in program for IM products (Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Wearables)
- Ownership of partner relationship; liaise with partner to manage the trade-in program in OMNI channel and in partner channels Collaborate with PM, Marketing, OMNI, Legal and customer service teams to design, finalize & implement the trade-in promotional offers
- Draft the T&Cs and SOWs for the trade-in promotional offers
- Work with Marketing Team to finalize the trade-in assets
- Reporting – Weekly reporting, monthly in-depth analysis, RV analysis
- Enhance SECA’s trade-in program capabilities – cross-product trade-in, instant trade-in, multi product trade-in, etc.
- Drive CPO and Device as a service initiatives along with RFP activities related to the program
Samsung Care+ Program:
- SPOC for SC+ program program for IM products (Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Wearables)
- Ownership of partner relationship; liaise with partner to manage the SC+ program structure and operations in OMNI channel and in partner channels
- Collaborate with PM, Marketing, OMNI, Legal and customer service teams to design, finalize & implement the SC+ promotional offers
- Draft the T&Cs and SOWs for SC+ promotional offers
- Draft SOWs for SC+ product development and enhancement in collaboration with external Partner
- Support and Follow-up on Partner invoices submissions, internal legal and financial processes to ensure execution excellence for Samsung Care+ and other programs Work with Marketing Team to finalize SC+ promo assets
- Reporting – Weekly reporting, monthly in-depth analysis, Attach-rate analysis
- Enhance SECA’s device protection program – market analysis, competition benchmark, pricing analysis, promotion performance analysis
- Drive new service initiatives to improve program performance and increase SC+ adoption
- Drive new initiatives to expand SC+ channel coverage in National Retail and Carriers
- Always-on follow-up of regulations changes/updates and close collaboration with legal teams and marketing teams to ensure compliance of SC+ products and related consumer facing communication
Rewards Catalog Management:
- Ownership of partner relationship; liaise with partner to manage the Rewards program
- Establish promotion programs and marketing campaigns to increase Samsung revenue and profit through the Rewards Channel
- Oversee the programs/promotions execution and day-to-day sales operations
- Define yearly strategy and establish quarterly marketing and promotional calendar
- Collaborate with PM, Marketing, OMNI, Legal and customer service teams to design, finalize & implement promotions through Rewards Channel
- Ensure new products introduction and ranging through Rewards channel to deliver on sales target established by MX leadership
- Reporting – Weekly reporting, monthly in-depth analysis, revenue analysis, promotions performance analysis
- Others – support as project manager for new enhancements and integrations To improve Rewards revenue and overall customer Loyalty
Ageing Inventory Clearance:
- Liaise with SCM and Warehouse team to identify ageing / B-Goods inventory for bidding process
- Manage the partners, negotiate pricing and get PO for the orders
- Work with PM Team to finalize the pricing for the orders
- Work with Pricing Team and Warehouse Team to setup orders / pricing in system and ship the orders to the partners
Data Analysis / Research:
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) through data analysis, and implement corrective actions working closely with marketing and product teams
- Provide insights / do data analysis for ad hoc research reports using data gathered internally and also using market research and 3rd party data available
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- PMP, PgMP (or similar) designation an asset
- Thorough understanding of managing large, multi-stakeholder project deployments
- Thorough understanding of key software tools (Jira, Basecamp, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and various process/project management tools)
- Up-to-date on latest Industry trends, Mobile ecosystems and technologies and newest consumer programs
- Thorough understanding of structured project management methodologies and change management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Ability to lead and direct cross functional departments and resources toward business and project objectives
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to draw appropriate conclusions.
- Sharp attention to detail with the ability to spot inconsistencies and troubleshoot potential issues.
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating persistence and problem solving skills.
- Professionalism, positive attitude, and the ability to work well with diverse perspectives are keys to success in this position.
- Ability to lead multiple work streams or project teams to execute against an existing project or work plan.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Up-to-date on latest IT project management methodologies
- Able to identify risks early, exercises good judgement when escalating issues of varying urgency
- Proficiency with project management and process mapping tools (Microsoft Visio, Project, etc.)
- High comfort level working in a mixed matrix and fluid environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to present to concisely and with impact to executive audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Sense of curiosity and urgency
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Product Marketing including Product Management and New Product & Service Introduction.
- Previous Project Management experience as it relates to New Product Introduction in the telecommunications and IT sector.
- Requires experience with product introduction projects from ideation, planning, business case preparation and approval all the way to product marketing, product catalogue, operational processes and CRM, sales enablement and product launch activities.
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.