Manager, Digital Merchandising (18 Month Contract)
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Group RRSP plan that helps you save for the future
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Tuition Reimbursement to keep you learning
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions
The Digital Merchandising Manager will spearhead the execution of promotional and online merchandising strategies on Samsung.com/ca & EPP. They will be responsible for developing the samsung.com Go-To-Market strategy for all new product launches and optimizing the on-site experience for those products through launch and sustain phases. The successful candidate thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments, and will be a passionate and creative leader with strong analytical skills and experience leading teams.
Role and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Merchandising assortment, page performance, optimization and personalization
- Work with Product Management team to develop and manage annual roadmap for product launches on samsung.com
- Plan and oversee execution of new product launches
- Develop the s.com merchandising strategy to support sales and promotional initiatives for the DtC business including but not limited to: Homepage, Navigation, Category pages, sub-category pages, Filter Pages, Product pages, New content Pages, Offer Pages, Campaign Landing Pages, Cart and Checkout
- Report, analyze and optimize the Consumer Decision Journey for consumers on s.com
- Provide Landing Page strategy to Digital Marketing, Brand Marketing and PR teams
- Collaborate with Digital Product Manager and DtC Project Management team to ensure successful rollout of new sellout platform features and enhancements
- Work with the agency partner to oversee the website operations team to ensure operational efficiency and on-time execution
- Build relevant KPI reports and deliver on KPI achievement including Add-to-Cart Rate, Abandon Cart Rate, AOV, Attach Rate and Conversion Rate
- Support the SEO strategy as it pertains to optimization of landing pages as well as ensuring new pages are following SEO best practice guidelines
- Support the Content and Personalization Strategy by collaborating with the Content Manager on A/B testing and personalization opportunities within the Customer Journey
- Ensure products are properly merchandised through our Omnichannel experiences such as Endless Aisle, BOPIS, and ROPIS where applicable
- Ensure pricing and promotional consistency between our online and Samsung Experience Stores
- Perform Samsung subsidiary and competitor analysis for strategic improvement opportunities
- Create new content strategies to build customer awareness, new post purchase journey experiences
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing or related field
- Ability to work across functional areas and develop strong working relationships
- Excellent analytical, project management, planning, research and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Versatile in multi-tasking
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to travel overseas
- Able to work extended hours and weekends when required
- Demonstrated people management skills
- 5 + years previous eCommerce experience along with a passion for consumer goods, preferably in the technology or retail industries
- Experience in eCommerce platforms and content management systems
- Experience working with and driving actionable insights from web analytics platforms such as Omniture and/or Google Analytics
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.