Specialist II, Field Support
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Group RRSP plan that helps you save for the future
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• 4-day in-office work schedule Monday through Thursday – with Friday remaining a flex day to work remotely
• Tuition Reimbursement to keep you learning/Access of Samsung U for 24/7 online learning
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions!
Provide technical support to Authorized Service Centers (ASCs) for Home Electronics (HE) products over the phone, email or through on-site visits. Ensure that the ASC network provides best in class service for Samsung Consumers and Retailers. Home Electronics Division at Samsung includes all consumer audio and video related products i.e. TVs, Soundbar, Projectors, Home Theater, Speakers etc.
Should be able to develop training curriculum for all the HE service providers. Also, ensure that all the necessary product technical Training & Service manuals, Service-bulletins are made available to our Authorized service partners. Responsible for finding alternatives for parts issues and delays ensuring that products are repaired to the highest level of customer satisfaction. Improve customer loyalty and create advocates through valued and memorable customer service interactions. Lower costs by working on programs on reducing service dispatches, prevent No Parts Used / No Fault service calls, and reduce product defects and product returns.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to Authorized Service Centers thru phone, email, SAW or through on-site visit.
- Work in conjunction with and provide strategic support to the Sales and Product Management teams.
- Lead VOC Emergency process team for identification, action, resolution and prevention of future issues.
- Expanding Service Network coverage to support capacity growth, achieving 100% coverage.
- Responsible for Branded Engineer Expansion by converting ASCs to Samsung Branded Engineers
- Expanding Quality and ESG tools and programs such as HASS (DA) and Eco Component Repair (VD)
- Conduct ASC yearly audits and reporting back to NAHQ / CSHQ on results.
- Seek improvement areas and inefficiencies within our ASC network and develop improvement plans, strategies while presenting them to the Service Management team.
- Ability to deal with difficult and demanding consumers and service partners.
- Provide parts information to ASC Field technicians, Research/Escalate part problems received from Field technicians.
- Access new product information and prepare training for service partners.
- Prepare and deliver training programs to the Service network on a national scale. Ensure that all the necessary product technical & repair information are made available to service partners.
- Manage quality issues when resolutions are not in place, work with HQ & Various teams for resolutions.
- Monitor Product quality to ensure best in class service & Product experience.
- Support and coach ASC staff to ensure efficient repairs in the quickest time possible way.
- Review Daily / Manage LTP & C-RRR issues and provide support resolutions to ASC’s.
- Support Contact Centre with required product information
- Deal with the day-to-day higher-level issues that need to be resolved.
- Develop programs and processes for ASCs that will ensure ASC Service Support calls are consistently & more effectively handled; so, the overall quality of the repairs increased to industry benchmark levels.
- Ensure that all CE Service KPI’s are met as mandated by HQ.
- Access to detailed “repair type” information, by product and inquiry. Useful to action issues that will reduce the number of service calls and increase customer satisfaction.
- Reduce the overall CE service expenses while simultaneously improving repair quality and customer service.
- Perform miscellaneous customer service and technical support duties assigned by Senior Management
- Access to new product information and products for use as samples for training and with assisting the ASC’s.
- Manage quality issues when resolutions are not in place.
- Ability to achieve difficult KPI’s by gaining the consistent support and cooperation of the 3rd party service network.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Post-Secondary education preferred
- Above average customer service skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Technically inclined.
- Motivated with excellent time management skills.
- 3-5 years’ experience as technical trainer, product support specialist, or as a field or Field service technician preferred
- 3-5 years of technical support experience with Consumer Electronic products preferred
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.