Senior Specialist I, Sales Administration
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Group RRSP plan that helps you save for the future
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• 4-day in-office work schedule Monday through Thursday – with Friday remaining a flex day to work remotely
• Tuition Reimbursement to keep you learning/Access of Samsung U for 24/7 online learning
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions!
As a Senior Specialist, Sales Administration you will be the customer’s main point of contact for any sales promo related issues to an assigned portfolio as well as assisting junior staff in resolving similar issues on their portfolio.
Responsible for managing and updating various reports on a weeky/monthly basis, monitoring weekly/monthly claim target output and addressing performance concerns. You will be responsible for escalations, auditing & processing claims dealer programs (NRA, quarterly & yearly VIR). In addition, you will be responsible for training Sales/Product Teams, 3rd party staff and customers on our processes and policies.
Role and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new/updated customer programs against the contract terms/conditions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Maintain & Update customer’ sales programs in the system as per yearly contract or when changes arise.
- Assist Sales Admin. Manager in auditing and approving claim requests when required.
- Responsible for monitoring and updating Weekly A/R Reports from Risk Management Team to be reviewed by NAHQ/HQ.
- Responsible for updating monthly FSCS Report from A/P Department for a Division.
- Manage weekly Priority Claims Report by Division to ensure priority claims are processed to prevent credit blocks, reduce of aging percentage (set at <1%).
- Monitor accrual balances and confirm accrual closings at month end to provide sales deduction P&L impact.
- Monitor weekly target outputs for each Sales Admin Rep by Division to ensure overall monthly and KPI targets are met. Where performance is not achieved, follow-up with 3rd Party Team Leads required.
- Manage the collection of invalid deductions by following up with Sales Teams (Sales/Product Teams), Credit.
- Responsible for generating billing report and reviewing customer’s quarterly/yearly approved program payouts processed by Sales Admin Coordinators.
- Responsible for reviewing, following up, leading discussions on disputes with Account Managers/Customers with claims discrepancies, post audit claims etc.
- Lead regular meetings with Sales/Product Teams to escalate both internal and external issues pertaining to accruals, discrepancies with documentation, dealsheets, LOAS, promotional road maps
- Lead regular meetings with customers to improve claim submission process, provide proper guidelines aligned with HQ policies etc.
- Monitor Cores Conditions Closing at month end for a Division
- Responsible for contacting NAHQ/HQ to resolve system issues
- Provide coaching, training and guidance to both Samsung Electronics Canada (SECA) internal teams and the 3rd party (Alorica)
- Reconcile credited claims with chargeback and communicate disputed items to customer & Sales Management. Work with both to resolve the issue.
- Submit audited claims for approval on related system with proper supporting documentation.
- Generate reports upon request.
Skills and Qualifications
- College Diploma or University Graduate (BA) preferred
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other office products.
- The ability to communicate in writing, through e-mail, reports, or orally
- The ability to organize and prioritize simultaneous Sales Administration related projects
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels within SECA organization and vendors
- Very detail-oriented
- Solid communication and organizational skills
- 3-5 years or more of related administration experience preferred
- Experience with SAP
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.