Senior Manager, Commercial and Channel Sales
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Flexible Remote Working Environment
• Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Group RRSP plan that helps you save for the future
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Tuition Reimbursement to keep you learning
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions
Focused on the Canadian carrier market, the individual will be responsible for developing and implementing effective commercial strategies, managing channel partnerships, and driving revenue growth within the carrier segment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a comprehensive commercial strategy to maximize sales revenue within the Canadian carrier market.
- Manage and build strong relationships with key carrier partners, acting in sync with the Account lead as key points of contact for all commercial matters.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align business objectives, channel strategies, and marketing efforts to achieve revenue targets.
- Identify new business opportunities and expansion areas within the carrier market, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to capture market share.
- Negotiate and manage contractual agreements with carriers, including pricing, sales volume commitments, product placement, and promotional activities.
- Analyze market data, competitor activities, and industry trends to identify areas for growth and differentiate our products and services in the market.
- Develop and manage sales and revenue forecasts, budgets, and targets for the carrier segment, and regularly report on performance.
- Lead and mentor a team of channel management professionals, fostering a culture of high performance and collaboration.
- Continuously evaluate and enhance channel partner performance, ensuring alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Stay updated with industry best practices, market trends, and new technologies impacting the carrier segment, and make recommendations for strategic adjustments accordingly.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Operations and/or Finance training
- Demonstrated analytical skills – forecasting, operations, market research
- Advanced knowledge of company systems and processes – especially SCM, marketing, pricing, forecasting
- Product knowledge – mobility, w/technology aptitude
- Mid to advanced level spreadsheet skills
- Mid-level PowerPoint skills
- Industry knowledge: Mobility, Information Technology
- 7-10 years related experience preferred
- Experience in the IT/telecommunications industry is preferable
- Leadership/management experience is an asset
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.