Position SummaryOur People Team is looking for an HR Coordinator to join our growing Vancouver team. In this role you will be responsible for various administrative HR functions related to recruitment, on/off-boarding, benefits administration, HRIS data entry, health and safety, employee engagement and events.
You will be in an environment where considerable attention to detail, accuracy and accountability are critical. You are expected to exhibit a high degree of diplomacy and discretion while handling highly confidential material.
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada, then please keep reading!
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition team members and assist with recruitment activities such as creating job postings, scheduling interviews and facilitating a positive candidate experience
- Conduct background checks , new hire orientations, prepare new hire packages, and request IT set ups
- Support with onboarding and offboarding processes
- Coordinate the co-op program, schedule interviews, liaise with partnered universities and students, create an engaging co-op experience
- Administer employee benefits including processing enrollment and change forms, billing, invoicing and reporting
- Update and maintain confidential HR documents and files, ensuring all required documentation is provided and up-to-date
- Enter data into HRIS for employee account creations and maintain data integrity
- Assist with arranging and set up of onsite and external events
- Provide employment verification documentation as requested
- Act as a key member of Health and Safety Committee, stay up-to-date on latest policies and trends related to WorkSafeBC
- Provide HR reporting support, including the generation of accurate and timely reports as requested
- Provide support to ad hoc HR projects as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of HR experience
- General understanding of BC employment standards and legislation
- Experience with WorkDay HRIS would be an asset
- Previous experience with recruitment coordination
- Benefits administration experience would be an asset
- Health and Safety program experience would be an asset
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Customer service oriented with a focus on providing a high level of service delivery and partnership
- Ability to function well with minimal direction, handle multiple competing priorities and knows when to escalate issues as needed
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within deadlines
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.