Account Manager, Builder Channel, Colorado Statewide
Position SummaryEvery role at Samsung presents a new opportunity to make a lasting, global impact. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re seeking innovators to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
Join the Samsung family and be part of the team that’s creating a better future.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager for our Builder Channel in Colorado. The Account Manager – Builder Channel will oversee the implementation of all sales programs and pricing (quote-proposal management and negotiation) with regional & national market Builder Distributors and Builders. The role is accountable for achieving or exceeding annual sales and margin objectives. The position is responsible for training & cultivating all inside distributor sales personnel and working with outside distributor sales personnel in closing new business opportunities with Single Family home builders, multi-family principals/contractors and remodeling companies. The AM has the responsibility to ensure all sales programs are known to distributor personnel and are leveraged to drive sales revenue and market share. This front line role will fortify sales relationships while helping to facilitate Samsung’s “order-to-cash” process with distributor administrative management to ensure compliance and efficient execution. The AM role converts regional execution plans into local market actions with trade customers and builders to achieve specific quarterly & annual goals and objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and margins while positioning the business for continued growth in future years
- Enabling Builder Distributor sales teams (inside and outside) to know and understand the Samsung brand, leverage value proposition, performance and features of our products and services
- Along with distributor sales personnel, review products, and programs with new & existing home builders, multi-family contacts, design centers and interior designers
- Develops lead generation and in-depth knowledge and expertise with regard to all new & existing single family and multi-family construction in their market, as well as being knowledgeable of builders and interior designers within assigned market
- Provide competitive market intelligence feedback to the RSM and National Sales Director/General Manager
- Identifying business opportunities for distributor sales people and work with them to develop business relationships and close contracts
- Maintain an up-to-date sales call plan with objectives and document all communications and committed to actions to distributor personnel and AM follow through
- Coordinate with other AM’s on behalf of distributors to coordinate a multi-market builder or out-of-market business opportunity such a multi-family project
- Participates in regular builder tracking meetings with Specification Representative
- Has total working knowledge of all marketing support materials and how they can be best utilized
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
- Become an active member of local industry associations such as NAHB, NKBA, ASID and attends key meetings and joins selective committees
- Participates in regional or national trade shows
- Communicates product /forecasting needs to Supply Chain, Logistics Planning and Sales Leadership
- Responsible for sales mix and margin expansion and applying relationship management skills on an on-going basis, i.e., “The Challenger Sale”
- Focus of sales productivity…high percentage of time, 70%, involved in selling activities (face time with trade customers) with 30% (home office) in sales administration
- Business and trade customer performance and overcoming objections and adept problem resolution
- Highly effective business negotiation
- Product training expert on home appliances and home automation
- Managing sales proposals and quote/pricing practices
- Excels in multi-tasking and priority setting
- Computer savvy – Internet, creative Power Point, Word and Excel spreadsheets
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under little supervision in an enabled environment
- Must be able to exercise independent judgement and demonstrates solid time management and organizational skills
- Progressive sales leadership career (5 to 10+ years) working with the home building and remodeling industries preferably in the home appliance industry
- Working knowledge of the Super Premium/Luxury segment of the appliance industry and how it integrates with the builder distributors and home building industry
- Working with building material distributor’s inside and outside sales personnel
- Known to be an thought leader within high performing sales teams
- History of exceeding challenging sales quotas and overcoming internal and trade customer obstacles and competitive actions
- Working with local chapters of industry associations, i.e., NAHB, NKBA and ASID and consistent involvement in committee work
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent industry experience
Compensation for this role is expected to be between $130,000.00 and $140,000.00. Actual pay will be determined considering factors such as relevant skills and experience, and comparison to other employees in the role.
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Employee Purchase Program, Tuition Assistance (after 6 months), Paid Time Off, Student Loan Program (after 6 months), Wellness Incentives, and many more.
At Samsung, we believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners, and communities.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.