Senior Specialist, Customer Demand Planning
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Group RRSP plan that helps you save for the future
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• 4-day in-office work schedule Monday through Thursday – with Friday remaining a flex day to work remotely
• Tuition Reimbursement to keep you learning/Access of Samsung U for 24/7 online learning
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions!
The Specialist, Customer Demand Planner is an exciting role in supply chain which is responsible for the entire CPFR process from forecasting to order fulfillment. It is an integral role which works closely with customers, sales, operations, logistics and other partners to gain consensus and establish accurate account level sales forecasts. The Specialist will be responsible for demand planning through trend analysis, gap analysis, predictive modeling, analysis of historical sales performance, inventory levels, promotional plans and market intelligence all to be presented in a compelling manner. Where gaps to plans are identified, the Specialist is expected to recommend strategic counter measures. The Specialist must ensure appropriate product allocation for timely fulfillment of orders to meet agreed to account level sales forecast down to store level. The Specialist is also responsible to recommend best practices regarding SCM processes and policies, actively apply a continuous improvement approach to work processes, including process automation, where applicable.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for account level forecast, Collaborative Planning Forecast and Replenishment (CPFR) Analysis and Purchase Sales Inventory (PSI) Analysis
- Attend the weekly CPFR meeting with inventory analysts, customer and sales representative (Review of Purchase Order Submission, order forecast, product transition and account issues etc.)
- Responsible for monitoring Drop Order (DO) creation for given accounts to ensure allocation
- Responsible for producing backorder reports for given accounts
- Monitor historical sales trend and inventory level to provide Sell Thru and Sell In forecast using Samsung internal systems
- Report issues and gaps to account managers and perform root cause analysis for resolution
- KPI Monitoring and Analysis (Sales, aging, forecast accuracy, inventory management, weeks of supply)
- Minimize Compliance Charges, and participate in post-audit reviews (as needed)
- Periodic review and optimization of load utilization and transportation modes from factory to customer
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly target analysis and recommend gap closure strategies
- Review appointments relative to Planned Goods Issued requirements / Update forecast for early or Late Goods Issued
- Weekly and daily Supply Chain Management reporting in support of leadership and internal stakeholders
- Recommend best practices regarding SCM processes and policies. Actively apply a continuous improvement approach to work processes, including process automation, where applicable
- Support the standardization and implementation of Supply Chain Management operating procedures
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CSCMP, APICs or other related Supply Chain Management Designation would be preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a relevant field preferred
- Must have strong Microsoft office skills, especially in Excel
- Prior experience with Supply Chain Management and inventory management is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact comfortably with a wide range of levels in organizations: from senior executives to support staff within and outside of the company
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Process improvement skills
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.