Manager, Product Management
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Group RRSP plan that helps you save for the future
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• 4-day in-office work schedule Monday through Thursday – with Friday
remaining a flex day to work remotely
• Tuition Reimbursement to keep you learning/Access of Samsung U for
24/7 online learning
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry
The incumbent is responsible to drive product-related business decisions for the local subsidiary in conjunction with the Sr. Manager, Product Management, and GBM (SEC) over the product life cycle relating to internal communication and financial implications as well as overall sell-in / sell-through by Channel. This includes product line-up strategy, product launch timing, price positioning within SECA. Canadian market plans will be developed based on market share analysis, competitive activity and the resulting promotion planning. All internal forecasting (CMF & 3MF) and inventory management will be based on the internal information provided from this role.
In addition, this role will have ownership of driving product strategy into the market with a focus on sell thru forecasting, monitoring and review. Key aspects of this role will focus on the channel distribution strategy and promotion planning. This role will be required to work closely with the CE sales team to communicate the category product strategy and ensure the key dealer execution elements are in alignment with the overall product category direction. This would include dealer collaboration on multiple consumer touch points: advertising, merchandising and product training. This role will be required to constantly analyze and assess the results of the product category plans at the dealer level and clearly, and frequently, communicate issues and opportunities in their business.
Role and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role will be responsible for internal communication to GBM regarding Canadian market conditions including competitive activity (opportunities and threats) and overall product planning status.
- Lead the communication to GBM regarding product / model setup of models in the system including financial items like COGS, consolidated profit, etc.
- Accountable for the profit and loss of the product line-up from forecasting, simulation, monitoring of targets vs. actual and reporting for financial stability (coordination with Finance and Sales Administration).
- Prepare industry forecast of overall market size, segment trend analysis and preliminary market share expectations based on total available market (TAM) to ensure divisional strategic KPI objectives are met.
- Prepare initial category budget forecasting for unit and revenue sales forecast including profit simulation & market share expectations. Collaborate with internal product management team to assure sales growth and positive profit for product category.
- Align with Sr. Manager, Product Management on pricing lifecycle from new model product launch to end of life transition including monthly price list maintenance, interim price moves, and special pricing for specific opportunities.
- As part of the Category Product Management Team, this role will prepare a summary of category plans and present financial expectations as well as sell through expectations of quarterly promotional plans to Division VP and Business Manager for sign off
- Work closely with Sr. Manager, Product Management and AP2 planner to ensure the right quantity of product is received from the factory at the right time to achieve financial plans and weekly sales targets.
- Required to analyze weekly PSI for all strategic accounts and assure that right level of inventory is in channel to mitigate any risk for aging Inventory
- Drive collaboration and ideation with the sales team throughout the product lifecycle from SKU line-up assortment, launches, and in conjunction with Channel Manager on channel distribution, and transition / EOL management
- Monitoring of key accounts with a primary focus on Sell Out/Weeks of Supply to gauge how the short and mid-term objectives are progressing and provide corrective action plans to capitalize on opportunities and mitigate challenges
- Present promotional plans and product strategies to internal sales teams on an ongoing basis including Quarterly Business Reviews and key account meetings throughout the year
- Establish short and mid-term objectives to capitalize on market trends and assure appropriate sales by key accounts to achieve divisional unit and revenue targets (with a particular focus on dealer / channel sell thru). In addition, provide clarity to the business rationale, and product strategies to support business growth.
- Utilize profit simulation models (including impact from a trade spend/sales deductions and COGS) to evaluate specific customer opportunities and provide rationale for proposed decisions to Sr. Manager, Product Management for review
- Ensure products are positioned correctly in the market to achieve category strategic objectives via market sensing and competitive landscape analysis. In addition, communicate any potential gaps and make recommendations to adjust product positioning and plans accordingly.
- Weekly communication of business plans to the sales team is required to provide context and clarity of category product direction for execution in market
- In support of the overall category product direction, this role will be required to work with the internal support groups to assure all executional deliverables for market promotions are completed as required.
- Ensure financial commitments are communicated within the category product management team to be reflected in budgets and financial projections
- Communicate and present category product plans with sales team during internal events (NSM, QBR) and dealers during external events (Dealer show, Strategic Partner Meetings, QBR).
- On an ongoing basis meet with SECA sales team to review dealer feedback on line up and market intelligence that may impact the category plans. It is required to review current promotional plans and distributional strategy to adjust where required to achieve category objectives.
- Complete ad hoc analysis, reporting and special projects as required
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications.
- Ability to productively interact with distribution, retail and reseller business partners
- The ability to plan, organize and implement marketing projects and programs
- The ability to disseminate market information and provide the best strategic business plan
- The ability to negotiate with both vendors and customers on marketing proposals and plans
- The ability to develop tasks, work assignments, to clearly define objectives and give technical sales and marketing on a day-to-day level
- Ability to assist in long and mid-term business planning
- Ability to manage budgets and determine ROI
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment is a must
- 5 or more years working in a Product Manager role preferred
- Consumer Electronics background is a definite asset
Skills and Qualifications
• Experienced professional with full understanding on specialized areas; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analyzing data requires evaluating identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments
• Typically requires minimum 5 years' of related experience and a Bachelor's degree, or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.