Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Position SummarySamsung Knox Cloud Services team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer/Architect to join our Technology Innovation Group. The team is focused on the rapid development of cloud based end-to-end enterprise mobile device management services. This is an exciting area for Samsung cloud-based service platforms and infrastructure to support B2B mobility. The ideal candidate will have experience with both hands-on coding and system architecting.
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada, then please keep reading!
What We Offer
• Hybrid work
• Competitive Salary
• RRSP Matching
• Employer Paid Flexible Health Coverage (from day one)
• Employee Purchase Program – discounts!
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Social and Wellness Events
• Employee Referral Program- we want great talent like you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with global Product Managers, Architects, and Software Engineering teams to define, architect, and implement Samsung B2B device management solutions
- Perform extensive technical research and analysis to make optimal architecture and design decisions to build a secure, stable, and scalable platform for our Enterprise Customers
- Write large amounts of code, perform code reviews, write unit tests
- Document and communicate systems design with all stakeholders
- Be hands-on in all stages of software product life cycle including proof of concept, coding, and testing
- Participate in the implementation of solutions that will improve the current product performance, quality, processes, and standards
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in platform engineering and architecture
- Previous experience rearchitecting a legacy platform from monolithic systems to a distributed microservice environment
- Deep understanding and experience in Java, Node.js, Python
- Extensive experience on large-scale multi-tier cloud applications and environments
- 5+ years of production level experience in cloud environments: AWS, Azure or GCP
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience in Automation and Load Testing Frameworks
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Genuine passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.