Senior Manager, E-Commerce Programs (14 Month Contract)
Position SummaryAt Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun…. then please keep reading!
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Competitive Salary
• Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
• Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
• Free on-site gym to get your sweat on
• Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
• 4-day in-office work schedule Monday through Thursday – with Friday remaining a flex day to work remotely
• Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
• Virtual Pet Care-to ensure the well-being and health of your beloved furry companions!
The eCommerce Program Senior Manager, reporting to the Senior Director of eCommerce, is the prime link between HE/EBD (Home Electronics/Enterprise Business divisions and external customers. The incumbent is to share and align eCommerce’s directions, strategies, goals, and objectives to online product manager in HE/DA divisions. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing HE/EBD eStore business and closely working with online product managers on developing and executing sales & marketing strategies such as product launch, product portfolio, promotions and digital marketing. The incumbent is responsible for marketplace expansion and management such as eBay, Shopify, Amazon (or equivalent), Direct business (Dropship) for all sales divisions. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for managing day-to-day product launch and the promotions calendar, Digital Marketing calendar, legal T & C for all divisions working with the rest of the eCommerce team and sales divisions to ensure flawless execution.
Role and Responsibilities
Sales Strategy & Planning:
- Manages and supports HE/EBD divisions eCommerce sales for Shop DtC
- Responsible for managing marketplace product portfolio and merchandising- Create, manage, and optimize listings
- Coordinate marketing for all online marketplaces, including promotional opportunities, pricing optimization and content creation.
- Manage all content publishing to ensure quality and accuracy
- Develop & support short-team and long-term strategies and promotion plans to maximize DtC and Marketplace
- Ensure all communications are compliant from an IP, legal & product perspective.
- Perform QA on all online product and offer launches.
- SECA Product lifecycle management in eCommerce: Manage 900+ current product sales, 100+ new product launches from all divisions every year (HHP, tablet, wearables, TV, AV, Display and major/minor digital appliances), EOL plan, and pricing on B2C and Direct customer(Dropship) and Marketplace
- Collaborate with performance marketing, strategy & planning, operations, customer experience, finance, legal and division sales teams to build tactical product and promotion plans
- Analyze and manage P&L impact of promotions and apply to future planning for a profitable long-term growth
- Understand sales and product marketing strategies of each product group and develop unique and relevant eCommerce sales strategies for different group of products (IM, HE and DA) considering their different nature of business and industry
- Work with each division’s PM team and leaders to have overall strategy and objective aligned
- Data management and reporting on daily, weekly and monthly sales insights
- Develop monthly sales forecast by working with different account managers and SCMs
- Create Ad-hoc and regular reports to senior leadership on key plans and results (Product launch, key promotions, major holidays, etc.)
- Monitor and analyze sales trend, traffic, conversion, SWOT, ROI, areas of improvement, etc. and report on a regular basis
- Generate creative and unique promotion & offers tactics for B2C and Marketplace eCommerce business based on market research and competitive analytics
- Working with SECA’s direct account managers to generate dropship opportunities and conversion
- Gather all information and requirements regarding all sales initiatives (ie. Product launch, promotion, key sell-out platforms, etc.) then provide timely communications to the operations & SCM teams
- Constantly assess current system and operation limitations and look for areas of sales growth in those areas
- Constantly monitor site readiness and promotion executions to minimize potential customer escalations and negative sales impact
- Define eCommerce sales target for each division in Marketplace and Direct customer(Dropship) and share with sales division’s PM team and leaders to look for additional opportunities
- Obtain alignments & internal approvals on key activities & processes with all related divisions (sales divisions, finance, service, etc.)
- Lead internal projects (and activities) tracking, reporting and weekly meetings
- Manage sales program activities across the eCom Content team, Marcom, Sales, PM
- Expand Dropship business to IM/CE opportunities
- Manage and work with leadership for eStore sell-out forecast, SCM, CPFR, and CMF process for CE/Marketplace/Dropship
- Work with the marketing and legal team to develop creatives and legal terms & conditions for online offers and promotions of sales divisions
- Manage business relationships with external partners (eCommerce Reseller, Distributor, Payment provider and various Service providers, Marketplace and direct customers)
- Work with external partners to develop sales strategy and promotion plans (i.e. Financing, Trade-in, CPO, etc.) to meet various consumer needs and provide relevant benefits
- Work with partners to develop account specific sales and marketing plans to drive Marketplace and Dropship business
- Conduct regular business reviews with the partners to improve visibility to critical KPIs, co-develop solutions to drive operational success
- Work with various internal teams such as legal, Marcom and finance to develop contracts, communication materials, and reconciliation of Marketplace sales/returns.
- Lead regular meetings with internal stakeholders (Marcom TTM, Sales divisions)
- Lead and support new Dropship accounts development
- Lead all communications to external partners in developing sales promotions (i.e. external gift card offering, 3rd party company product offering with purchase of Samsung products) involving both parties
Skills and Qualifications
- An Associate’s degree in Marketing or Business or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in consumer electronics industry.
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Expert in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and proficiency with Online Analytical Processing
(ie. Omniture & Google analytics)
- Strong analytical & persuasion skills
- Possess exceptional organizational & planning skills and attention to detail while having Sense of curiosity & urgency
- Highly developed communication & interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and interact comfortably with a wide range of levels in the organization: from senior executives to support staff within and outside of the company.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to travel overseas
- Ability to work
- 8-10 years’ experience in eCommerce & Marketplace, strategy & planning, product management
- Thorough understanding of product and promotion cycles
- Experience working with eCommerce & Marketplace CMS
- CommerceHub platform and marketplace platform such as eBay, Amazon or Shopify experience would be an asset
- Experience with digital performance marketing would be an asset.
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.