Senior Technical Writer
Position SummaryOur goal? We want to create a great first impression, excite our customers, educate them on the possibilities, help them when they run into issues, and enhance our company brand with our content.
We are hiring for a talented Technical Writer to join our global Content team! The ideal candidate is a keen learner who enjoys being a Subject Matter Expert, excels at research, loves being an early product user, passionately advocates on behalf of customers, and develops world-class content that is perfectly pitched to our users.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with a mix of products, including end-user devices and apps, enterprise IT admin cloud services, web consoles, developer SDKs, REST APIs
- Develop a variety of content, including user, admin, and developer guides, step-by-step how-to tutorials and videos, and web page copy, blog posts, and FAQs
- Understand our customers: their point of views, knowledge levels, skill sets, preferences, and pain points. You’ll do this by working with our UX researchers to run surveys, interviews, and tests. With this knowledge, you’ll pitch your content to the right audience using the right language
- Become a Subject Matter Expert. You’ll master our technologies: phones, tablets, and watches; Android, and Windows operating systems; REST APIs and scripting languages. You are a disciplined self-learner, making use of a variety of methods to become proficient fast
- Optimize quality by analyzing metrics, reviewing customer feedback, and continually improving our content
- Enhance internal efficiency and productivity. You’ll review the latest tools and methods; propose new ways of working; and train and support team members during transitions
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Communications, or equivalent
- At least 5+ years of technical or business writing experience
- Excellent proficiency in English, ability to explain highly complex concepts in plain English
- Ability to understand new and complex technologies quickly
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Problem solving skills, ability to find the root cause of issues and troubleshoot them yourself
- Agility in multi-tasking in a rapidly changing environment with hard deadlines
- Experience with Markdown, Hugo, and GitHub
- Knowledge of any of the following: Mobile Device Management solutions, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, or Active Directory (AD)
- Experience with HTML and CSS: troubleshooting issues, updating design and layout
- Experience with video development: storyboarding, scripting, production
- Knowledge of API reference generation using Javadoc, Doxygen, Swagger
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.