Senior UX Interaction Designer
Position SummaryDo you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device and software solutions. We are now looking for an experienced and talented UX Interaction Designer for our Vancouver lab to design, validate and support the development of our devices and software solutions and release them into the global market.
We are looking for a creative designer with a passion for excellence. You have a knack for transforming business requirements into engaging and meaningful user interfaces. You have a collaborative spirit and enjoy working with UX team members to maintain a seamless and consistent look and feel across a suite of products. And lastly, you have a great sense of humour!
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada, then please keep reading!
What We Offer:
• Hybrid work
• Competitive Salary
• RRSP Matching
• Employer Paid Flexible Health Coverage (from day one)
• Employee Purchase Program – discounts!
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Free onsite gym, showers and bike storage room
• Employee Referral Program – we want great talent like you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide design expertise: act as a subject matter expert by proactively providing expert UX opinion and innovative design solutions based on experience and research while aligning with directions from project owners and stakeholders. The ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and influence others are key
- Collaborate with talented tech professionals: work closely with UX specialists, in particular with other Designers, User Researchers, and Copywriters, to create the best design solution for our products. Collaborate with PMs, Dev and QA teams across the globe to support the implementation of the design solutions
- UI/GUI design, wireframes and design documentation and interactive prototypes: design interfaces that provide users with an interactive, informative and engaging experience and that align with our global design guidelines
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Interactive Arts and Technology, Digital/Interaction Design, or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in user experience, interaction design, or similar
- Experience designing for business software, web and mobile technology
- Experience working on business-to-business solutions is preferred
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders to present initial concept through to final product design
- Ability to lead projects and collaborate across multi-functional teams
- Proficient in creating UX documentation and utilizing design systems, patterns and guidelines
- Experience in a corporate environment is preferred
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.