Television Production Director
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
We’re looking for an experienced Television Director to help us grow the Rogers Sports & Media brand and connect with our Citytv and OMNI audiences by bringing their skills and experience to help direct and execute news productions in studio and in the field. Guide a team of operators for LIVE broadcasts, assist with editing and Studio Operations.
What you will do...
- Operating control room automation(Ross) for live production.
- Build and execute news programs and other specialty programs out of Calgary and facilitate hits into other Citynews markets
- Provide production support to various initiatives and special programs.
- Basic editing of footage for news segments on GrassValley (edius/stratus) and Premier Pro editing systems.
- Setup and teardown of Studio Equipment Cameras, lighting, etc.
- Remain conversant with all departmental production equipment.
- Ensure that programs and segments meet company and industry standards for content and quality.
- Work with Production Engineering on equipment faults and failures.
- Editing and posting of media to Social Media and other online content.
- Digitizing footage; paying close attention to naming conventions.
- Operating ENG camera for live and taped segments.
- Occasional writing and producing duties if required.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will bring…
- Directing experience with Ross: Overdrive/Expression as well as hands on experience with Ross Carbonite switcher will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Newsroom control systems such as Inception/iNews
- Understanding of CCU operation of Studio Cameras and Studio Operations
- Understanding of Operation of Audio consoles and intercom systems
- In-depth knowledge of editing, shooting and technical facilities.
- Experience with ENG/EFP and Studio production including editing both linear and non-linear, camera work.
- Experience with GV editing systems, Premier Pro, and the Adobe line of products is preferred.
- Must be highly motivated, show initiative and creativity.
- Self-starter; well organized and detail oriented; Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Take direction and handle stressful situations well.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Valid Drivers License (non-GDL)
- Ability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Self starter
- Good communicator
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 301044
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media