Our Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - connecting Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Together, we are proud to support 30 million Canadians each month through managing a robust portfolio that champions leading-edge technology. We drive large-scale, complex, and high-visibility technology projects and programs that shape the future of technology in Canada and expand connectivity from coast to coast. If you are interested in being a part of this, consider applying for the following opportunity:
The network operation center is the customer advocacy headquarters that ensures all Rogers’s services are delivered effectively and efficiently while maintaining the highest Quality of Service for our customers. The NOC specialists are technological talented leaders that will be directly involved with proactively minimizing customer service impact. To accomplish this goal, they will utilize automation tools and applications to reduce operational iterations. In turn, the efficiencies gained will allow the specialist to be engaged in more cutting edge and innovative initiatives such as AI, ML, Cloud, 5G, Edge computing and others.
What you will be doing:
- Drive and manage service-related incidents to Resolution reducing incident MTTR and improving customers’ experience
- Troubleshoot and restore Rogers Access Network incidents, Wireless and Wireline including HFC, 2G, 3G, LTE, 5G and IP Network technologies
- Effective ticket Management related to Access Network incidents and Change activities
- Monitor Incident TTR and escalate if exceedingly SLA as defined in IM Policy
- Liaise with engineering and Ops to optimize existing automation, correlation, and processing of network element alarms
- Identify new automation opportunities based on data-driven analysis
- Liaise with other Engineering teams for ongoing projects and roadmap planning of cutting-edge technology
- Identify continuous process improvement initiatives that will reduce manual intervention and handoffs between departments
- Consistently review service tools and performance reports to identify areas of service performance opportunities
- Create and maintain documentation relevant to FTR initiatives such as Method of Diagnostics and Resolution, collaborate with TAC and Engineering teams for knowledge sharing opportunities
What you will bring:
- Degree in Electronics/Telecommunications or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in the telecommunications industry
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Wireless network: 2G/3G & 4G-LTE TDD/FDD and 5G
- Excellent understanding of the current HFC and Transport systems: HFC Access Nodes, GPON, OTN, OTDR
- Understanding and experience in a break/fix environment with MPLS, BGP, OSPF
- Knowledge of Virtualisation and Virtual Machines (VM), Cloud Computing, Automation, Robotics, and AI, Network Function Virtualization (NFV), IoT and OTT
- In-depth understanding of Wireless and Wireline Core and Access Networks including end to end call flows and network components
- Experience with programming languages including Java, Python, C, Bash, SQL, and Shell to create scripts required for the automation of operational tasks
- Ability to understand Machine Learning technologies to aid with the reduction of system alarms requiring manual intervention
- Ability to understand and adhere to the processes and procedures defined by Rogers (Incident, Change, Problem)
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic 24/7 environment
- Exposure in Backhaul Transmission and RAN Network vendors such as ERICSSON, NOKIA and CISCO vendors
- Strong background in ITIL framework- Incident management & change management, Information Security Management System- ISMS, Capability Maturity Model Integration- CMMI, Project Management, Scrum framework (Scrum Master), Six Sigma and SLA/KPI reporting
- Core Competencies: Customer Service Orientation, Teamwork, and Collaboration, Adaptability, Initiative.
- Role-Specific Competencies: Innovation/Creative Thinking, Problem Solving/Judgment, Achievement Orientation, Listening Understanding & Responding.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, in an organized, methodical and pleasant manner
- ITIL, Kaizen, or Six Sigma Certification is an asset
- CCNA/CCNP or similar networking certification would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
We believe in investing in our people and helping them reach their potential as valuable members of our team. As part of our team, you’ll have access to a wide range of incredible resources, growth opportunities, discounts, and perks, including:
Competitive salary & annual bonus
Competitive & flexible health and dental benefits, pension plan, RRSP, TFSA, and Stock matching programs.
Discounts: Enjoy up to 50% off Rogers Services and Blue Jays Tickets, 25% off TSC items, and a 20% discount on all wireless accessories sold in Rogers stores.
Paid time off for volunteering
Company matching contributions to charities you support
Growth & Development Opportunities:
Self-driven career development programs (E.g. MyPath program) o Rogers First: priority in applying to internal roles of interest
Homewood employee & family assistance program
o Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) & Virtual therapy sessions o Low or no-cost fitness membership with access to virtual classes
Our commitment to the environment and diversity:
Work for an organization committed to environmental protection o Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion with employee resource groups supporting equity-deserving groups including groups representing People of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Women. We all bring something different, and we know what makes us different makes us great.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 300242
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: No Selection