Producer - CityNews Vancouver
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
We’re looking for a full-time news producer with a can-do attitude! Someone can put a news show to air, who loves to chase news, and thrives under pressure and deadlines. A strong communicator and storyteller who embraces innovation and new technology. Various producing responsibilities will form a regular part of the work, including lining-up newscasts, vetting news content, coordinating with CityNews teams across the country, and overseeing our 24/7 livestream channel. The position will require weekend and evening shifts.
What you will do...
- You will have the opportunity to develop and grow in several different roles in our newsroom
- Find, chase, research news content for multiple markets
- Write content and vet stories
- Line up news shows and take them to air
- Assign news stories when needed
- Collaborate with supervising producers for show needs/requirements
- Locate visuals/materials needed to tell story
- Support and communicate with field teams (VJs, ENG)
- Contribute to /help generate story ideas and pitches
- Complete, vet all production elements needed for air (fonts, graphics, outcues etc.)
What you will bring...
- An insatiable curiosity. We want producers who are always asking why and pushing our stories into territories that our competition is not exploring, while also offering context that our audience is seeking.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required
- Patience and a willingness to explore new ways of producing news
- A passion for local live and breaking news, strong editorial judgement, and an interest in growing professionally in a fast-paced, fun newsroom
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits which include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks, including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- Leadership which supports your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how.”
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 302752
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media