Media Support Specialist
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
We are looking for a candidate to join the Media Operations & Innovation department in the role of Media Support Specialist.
You will ensure the successful daily operations of all properties including: Sportsnet, SN Now, Citytv, Radio, as well as all Digital services by means of the new state-of-the-art Content Operations Facility, purpose-built for Rogers Media. You will be responsible to monitor, communicate, and report on all Media platforms, systems, and applications, including the converged network that transports all content coast-to-coast across Canada. You will actively participate in the continuous improvement and integration of emerging technologies into an agile, flexible, and scalable broadcast ecosystem.
What you will do…
- Monitor the overall health of all Rogers Media networks, video and audio platforms, systems, and applications
- Tier I & Tier II support for all network Incident and Event (Problem) Management - identify the problem condition, triage, isolation, dispensing appropriate actions to resolve [minor], and escalate [major] issues.
- Communicate with engineering and technology teams implementing resolutions to defects or inefficiencies in the media environment.
- Compliance Monitoring - Ensure adherence to CRTC regulations. – including but not limited to: Audio Loudness violations, Described Video, Closed Captioning (overlapping text, missing, garbled)
What you will bring…
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize under pressure.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience based knowledge of Evertz, Cisco, Signiant, Zabbix, Conviva, Haivision, JIRA considered an asset
- Experience based knowledge with IP networks and broadcast switching and routing
- Experience in broadcast video/audio codecs (MPEG2, MPEG4, J2K) and video over IP standards (SMPTE 2022 and 2110) would be an asset
- Understanding of the fault, trouble management, notification and escalation process is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic 24/7 environment
- This role is based on a scheduled rotational shift (24/7 environment)
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 291497
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: No Selection